Battery Drain Question

Last Updated:

1. tony868

tony868 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all. I've had an issue with my battery draining quickly overnight a few times. I go to bed around 11:00 with the charge between 50-60% and wake up around 4:00 (thanks to the crying baby :)) to the low battery indicator. One night that this happened I watched the battery drain 20% in about 15 minutes. While this happened I noticed the data indicator was going crazy although I wasn't running anything...just had the screen on to monitor it. In all instances when I check Spare Parts the only unusual thing I see is the dialer fills the bar in upload/download for network usage. Keep in mind that this happens while I'm sleeping with the phone near me and absolutely no use on my part. I'm rooted with Fresh 2.3.3 and I haven't installed any new apps installed prior to this issue. Any thoughts as to what could be causing this? Thanks for any suggestions!
    tony

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I see your from Columbus, I have different areas around town where I roam more than usual and it just eats up my battery, check and make sure you are not roaming. I too would like to find a fix, unfortunately I have not found a solution

3. T 980

T 980 Well-Known Member

Another thing you could do is shut off data while you're not using it. You said something about your data indicator going crazy so maybe you have something running in the background. Perhaps facebook? Facebook for sense (before I rooted and learned the inner workings of the phone) used to constantly run and suck the life out of my battery.

I'm just trying to think of why your battery would be drained. What are you running?

4. tony868

Haven't noticed any areas around town where I'm roaming but my signal isn't always the strongest. I do have Facebook but it's set to sync every hour. Other than that, my Exchange syncs every hour, and Seesmic every 30 minutes. My bigger concern is that it seems that the dialer is somehow the culprit since the send/receive data usage is so high when I see the problem happening. Any ideas on that? Thanks!

5. themadgreek187

themadgreek187 Well-Known Member

the new FB app has a huge battery drain. uncheck the syncing of your account. i sync mine manually once a day and then uncheck it. HUGE difference in battery life.

6. tony868

I should have clarified...I uninstalled the Facebook app and have the FB for Sense syncing every 2 hours. The FB app killed my battery!