• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Drain

togger161

Android Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2011
Birmingham UK
Had my Desire for 18 months now. 2 days ago the battery unexpectedly went down to 16%. I'm not a heavy user of the phone and normally a charge will last me 2 days. So I assumed I hadn't charged it full, put it on charge and watched. And it's draining very quickly. I've not installed anything new, or changed anything. Been on Cyanogen 7 for some time.

I suspected something was running so shut everything down. Still no good. Did a full reboot. Still the same. I have even tried several other roms since and still the same thing is happening.

I fully recharged the phone today (1pm) Now at 9pm the phone is down to 21%. Phone usage - screen on 14 minutes. Current drain is a fairly constant 100 to 200ma.

So just wondering what current drain others get. If it's fairly typical then I'll get a new battery. But if others is much lower then I fear another problem.

OK, looks like something has gone on the motherboard. Was out this morning and turned the phone OFF, battery was at 84%. Turned the phone on 1 1/2 hours later and it had dropped to 71%. With the phone off this eliminates any software issues.

A friend of mine has a Desire too, and has a spare battery (genuine HTC one) Tried that and it's draining on that as well. His battery was at 100% at 1:30pm. Have received 2 texts in that time and I'm at 60% as of now, 4:50pm. It's draining around 10% an hour.

Looks like time for a replacement.
frown.gif

Upvote 0
And typical. Charged phone yesterday. Powered off drained from 100% to 14% in 15 hours. Tried again today and it's fixed itself. Dropped from 70% at 2pm to 64% 6 hours later.

Looks like I may have a phone to sell now. Or keep as a spare for emergencies/the wife/kids. Wonder if it may have been damp with all the rain. Didn't get it directly wet but it was in my coat pocket whilst out and about walking the dog.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones