• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery drain?

The GPS will likely only make a significant difference if you're using a program that requires it. I don't recall the program on my old Android, but it would suck a lot of power if you left the GPS on.

What I've observed since the Verizon update is that my standalone GPS is trying to find a signal non-stop. Used to if an app wanted to access my standalone GPS I noticed the indicator in the notifications area at the top, but only for a limited time. If it could not lock on to a signal after a period of time then it just stopped trying and tried again the next time the app needed to access it.

Ever since the Verizon update, I notice that the standalone GPS does not stop trying to lock on and when I review the battery stats, Google Services is using the majority of the batter.

Does anyone know how I can tell if a particular app is the actual problem that keeps trying to access the standalone GPS?

Upvote 0
daltekkie;[URL="tel:6017681" said:
6017681[/URL]]What I've observed since the Verizon update is that my standalone GPS is trying to find a signal non-stop. Used to if an app wanted to access my standalone GPS I noticed the indicator in the notifications area at the top, but only for a limited time. If it could not lock on to a signal after a period of time then it just stopped trying and tried again the next time the app needed to access it.

Ever since the Verizon update, I notice that the standalone GPS does not stop trying to lock on and when I review the battery stats, Google Services is using the majority of the batter.

Does anyone know how I can tell if a particular app is the actual problem that keeps trying to access the standalone GPS?

I believe if you go under settings> more> location services and turn off my location it should stop and your battery life will improve. But be warned, turning this off will most likely cause some force stops of app that require location to run. (Like weather apps.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones