• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery drainage recent after update

alex01

Jun 13, 2010
I have had no problems until this update: G900FXXU1BOJ1

prior to this the battery was life was over a day without problem, if I forgot to put phone on charge I could possibly last well into next day; since the update I am having flat battery next morning. There is this new app optimisation thing which pops up occasionally, which shows many of my apps as 'automatically optimising' but several saying 'optimising', the ones saying optimising always say this so I'm not sure if the app is working correctly or not.

I was wondering if anyone was experiencing same problem with this update, if there are any suggestions about the app optimisation thing and any suggestions on improving battery life to previous of update.

thanks in advance

I have had no problems until this update: G900FXXU1BOJ1

prior to this the battery was life was over a day without problem, if I forgot to put phone on charge I could possibly last well into next day; since the update I am having flat battery next morning. There is this new app optimisation thing which pops up occasionally, which shows many of my apps as 'automatically optimising' but several saying 'optimising', the ones saying optimising always say this so I'm not sure if the app is working correctly or not.

I was wondering if anyone was experiencing same problem with this update, if there are any suggestions about the app optimisation thing and any suggestions on improving battery life to previous of update.

thanks in advance

I must say that I am not a big fan of the, "Optimisation", feature in the new Samsung Smart Manager app in the new firmwares. I have turned mine off in... Smart Manager > Battery > App optimisation > DETAIL. I always allow 3-5 charge cycles for the battery to settle down after an update.

Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones