Battery drained badly!Support

Last Updated:

1. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I left my phone off the charger last night. This morning its completely dead. I had almost a full charge last night. Is there a way I can check for bad apps, or malware, or something out of the ordinary killing my battery? I have a battery meter app, and I have task killer. I did try installing a couple apps that said they installed to the phone, but I never saw them in my phone. Can these phones get viruses?

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hey.

Does your battery app not tell you what's consumed your battery? And yes Android phones can get viruses but they are few and far between so really can't see it being that.

3. highaltitude

Thanks I did look at it. It says the display and voice calls. I guess maybe it was more run down than I thought last night. Just weird it was totally dead thsi morning. Thanks

4. Juglistrix

Juglistrix Member

U might wanna try installing a task manager software ... usually ur battery drains out really fast because of the fact that you have apps running in the background.. and that drains your battery .. always keep ur Location services off if your not using them ... bluetooth etc .. and you can also download a battery app that tells you how much you have left and whats using ur battery .. if you need any more help . i could give you the app names ( thats if you havent already solved your issue)

And Yes teh phone can get Viruses.. teh market also has a number of apps that can help prevent the same... Im currently using Lookout 4.14 and its pretty good.. iT has weekly scans and it also scans every app that i download before i install it .. ..

5. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Did you leave a game running in the background? or any other app?

Also, when I was running the 2.1 firmware X10i on my X10a phone the battery drained like crazy; after getting the X10a firmware now I'm extremely satisfied about the battery life. Is this something you would have done?

6. highaltitude

I think a combination of the things you guys mentioned. There may have been apps or games left running without knowing it. I'm way more of a computer tech, and this is my first smart phone. I'm used to programs shutting down when you wna tthem to. I have been running Advanced Task Killer and it seems to pick up the apps that are still running. Weird how they just run, even when the program or use of the app has been ended.

7. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

A well programmed application should not use the battery (or very little energy) when running in the background though.