• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery draining...Cell Standby and Idle are 36%

I tried doing the Airplane trick...I am not sure this is the 50% issue others have mentioned because when I go to view my battery statistics, it doesn't show the 2 lines of information like it did before (i.e, 50%), but my phone idle and cell standby are Both hanging around 36%...seems kind of high in my opinion.

what can I do?

I tried doing the Airplane trick...I am not sure this is the 50% issue others have mentioned because when I go to view my battery statistics, it doesn't show the 2 lines of information like it did before (i.e, 50%), but my phone idle and cell standby are Both hanging around 36%...seems kind of high in my opinion.

what can I do?

Cell standby is at 36%? I wouldn't worry about that.
That is normal. What you want to look for is when you click on cell standby... what percentage is "time without signal"?

Upvote 0
Note that these percentages are a percentage of the portion of the battery used, not a percentage of the total battery strength. For instance if your battery is showing 80% charged, then cell stand by has used 36% of the 20% of the battery that's been used.
I agree with Cableguy, 36% use by cell standby is not something to get worked up about. In MY opinion, any percentage used by cell standby is acceptable, that's just the phone waiting to be a phone...

Upvote 0
Note that these percentages are a percentage of the portion of the battery used, not a percentage of the total battery strength. For instance if your battery is showing 80% charged, then cell stand by has used 36% of the 20% of the battery that's been used.
I agree with Cableguy, 36% use by cell standby is not something to get worked up about. In MY opinion, any percentage used by cell standby is acceptable, that's just the phone waiting to be a phone...

Agreed. Should have gone into more detail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones