Battery draining especially fast after updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just updated the Droid X, battery died, and I charged it to 100%.

The battery is dropping like crazy. It just dropped 10% in 10 minutes of use.

Anyone else? I have had consistently bad battery life on this thing.

Advertisement
  2. MD249

MD249 Member

yes, the battery on this phone seems to be very odd. It seems to charge unusually fast and sometimes it will last forever and other times it will drain 25% in like 10 minutes.

3. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

I don't think the update has addressed any battery issues at all. Some were reporting that their battery meter went up after the update, but that's because the phone reboots during the update. And many of us were already reporting that the battery jumps up after doing a power-down.

Especially since they didn't specifically mention it in the release notes, I think it's safe to assume this update should not really affect battery life either way. Hopefully, in a future update they will address the sporadic battery issues.

Personally, battery life is a mixed bag. Sometimes I'm surprised it lasts longer than I expected. Other times, it seems to die suddenly after getting to 20-30%. I'm not sure what's going on, but if it was just consistent, I think the battery life is actually pretty decent. I'd say on average, about on par with my previous iPhone 3GS, but definitely not close to the iPhone 4.

4. jeffjano

jeffjano Member

I know people always say dont use task killers on android but let me tell you something.....i used advanced task killer by Rechild on my original droid and i use it now too. When i first got the X on release day...i fully charged it and it drained in less then 15 hours with not a whole lot of use so i went and downloaded advanced task killer again. opened it and it said i only had 52mb of available memory....that was crazy. so i let it kill everything except for the few things like gmail that i allow to run all the time and it through me up to almost 200mb free. after that and after i run a lot of things i will run ATK and my battery has been lasting well over 30 hours.

fastharryDOTcom likes this.
  5. fastharryDOTcom

fastharryDOTcom Well-Known Member

tagged

6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

sorry but...until android devs get better at coding, advance task manager for the win!
    my battery life is good!
    still testing the "after the update" battery life. will keep you guys posted...somehow :)

7. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

My X had over 80% remaining after being unplugged for 9 hours at work. Going to see if that changes with the new update.

8. kprst6

kprst6 Active Member

Last night, my dumb phone went dead while it was being charged and completely turned off. When I tried to turn it on this morning, it wouldn't let me. I unplugged the charger, plugged it back in, and voila, my phone turned on, displayed the droid Eye screen indicating it was booting the OS, and showed I had 50% batter life.

9. labeledbass

labeledbass Well-Known Member

90% after 1.5 hours of use, normally is better but I did update the system via wifi, it and GPS have been running ever since reboot. Will keep you informed throughout the day. The norm for me is a good 40-48 hours with moderate use, utilities.

10. Uker

Uker Well-Known Member

I was updated last night.

This morning I ran a GPS Nav app for 15 minutes. Downloaded a few apps via the store. Checked my email.

My battery went from 100% to 68% where it stands now.

My screen brightness is about 15%. No WIFI, No GPS.

Bad battery?

11. Naughty#9

Naughty#9 Active Member

mine is way worse today after the update.

12. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

mine also seems worse after the update. I useualy have more than 60% battery live by the end of the work day. I am already down to 80% and it has been unplugged less than an hour

13. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

just toggled my battery profile off of automatic and back to it. I will see if that helps

14. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Where's that option!?

15. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

In settings under battery managment or battery profiles

16. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Wow, I don't have that. I have smart mode, performance mode and battery saver mode.

Can you say exactly where your "automatic" mode is or did you mean smart mode?

17. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

Sorry, should have called it smart mode. It changes the settings automaticly based on use or inactivity

18. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

My battery life (as well as signal/speeds) is absolutely terrible today. Got my update this morning.

19. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Updated this morning and mine has been better today than previous days.

20. Swiftman

Swiftman Well-Known Member

The Verizon rep installed "Advanced Task Killer" on my X the day I got it. Works great and saves battery. I noticed quite a few apps that I dont use tend to kick up and start draining... like Skype for instance. Dont use it but it will show up in memory. What a pain.