Battery draining quicklyGeneral

1. nikhi_s

nikhi_s New Member

Hi,

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 couple of days ago. I see that the battery drains very quickly and when not in use. I saw a few videos to save the battery life. I have the GPS, Bluetooth, and NFC turned off. I am on wi-fi to ensure that the phone isn't using weak LTE signals.
    Still, the battery drains out quickly. It was 95% today morning at 6 and within 4.5 hrs it is down to 59%. I checked the battery usage settings. The main cause for this is Android System, which has used 40% of the battery. The next 2 are Screen and Standby which use ~20% each. I saw the packages running on Android System and there are so many which use this. How do i reduce the usage by this system?
    Please suggest ways to reduce the usage of battery.

Thanks,
    Nik

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

that says you have been on battery for 7+ hours and still have 59% charge at that rate you will get 14+ hours which is pretty average for me

actually right now im at 65% left with 6hours and 7m of battery use
  3. nikhi_s

nikhi_s New Member

Mr. Walter White,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    For the first three hours, i didn't use my phone. It was lying beside my bed. As i mentioned, it was 98% at 6:30 and 59% at 10:30. That is a significant drop in 4 hrs.
  4. Heisenberg123

Heisenberg123 Well-Known Member

i got ya know it only droped 2% in the first 3 hours than the big drop was in the following 4 hours, when you tap on screen does it say how long the screen was on?
  5. nikhi_s

nikhi_s New Member

I restarted my phone an hour ago. It says 1h 13m. I am guessing the graph shows the drop in the battery life remaining. There is a steep decline after i started using it.
  6. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

are you using the international version of the galaxy s3? Is it rooted? There is a known issue with cell standby taking up battery when the phone is not in use. Have a look at the below thread for more info

Code:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/international-galaxy-s-iii-cell-standby-power-drain-issue-identified/
    Fix
    Code:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1732722
  7. Sam000

Sam000 Member

Don't use the Samsung account. This has proven before to kill your battery.