1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Battery Draining while on Dock, help neededGeneral

1. Rikym

Rikym New Member

Hello everyone

I am new to Android system and this forums. I have recently got a Samsung galaxy Nexus and was very happy with it, but now I have this problem that has so far occurred twice.

While the phone is connected to the desktop dock and is charging the battery suddenly starts draining at fairly quick speed down to 0 and obviously phone dies.

First time I thought it was just misplaced and maybe it wasn't charging after all, but I now checked and made sure it was charging, plus battery monitor also shows charging was active, but power was going down instead of up.
    Phone was just sitting on my bedside while I was sleeping. I rely on it for alarm so I can't really afford for battery to die while I am sleeping and it's supposed to be charging.

Any suggestion?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

Did it show charging AC or USB? Sometimes when I plug my phone in I notice its charging very slowly. If I look, it shows that its charging via USB even though it is plugged in to AC. I think the USB port is a little sensitive. If I disconnect and plug it back in it usually goes back to AC charging.

If you see it is USB charging, and the screen is on, or GPS is active or you are in a an area of bad signal, its possible that the USB charge rate (.5 mA) is not enough power to keep up.

If its on AC power and dropping....that's a different problem altogether.
  3. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

every once in a while i will get this too. seems every once in a while and app gets "stuck" and just runs the CPU like crazy.
    i checked CPU spy after this and it was sitting at 700mhz the entire time it was charging. with nothing running. doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. i would reboot before throwing it on the charger just for safe measure.
  4. Rikym

Rikym New Member

Little update on this, if anyone has a clue about what's going on.

It actually has not happen again, but one night after I put the phone on the dock I checked as suggested if phone was charging. While on the icon it was indicated as charging, I went into the battery page and it showed the message "not charging". I hit the refresh button and I noticed that a slight red light was showing from the back of the dock; it was actually coming form the audio output jack (??? is it possible). Now the last morning I found my phone dead on the charger this was happening too (the red light), but I didn't pay too much attention to it, now I understand it must be related?

I thn removed the phone from the dock and placed it on again, and started charging normally. It hasn't happened since.

Any help is appreciated.