Battery drains completely overnight, despite shutting down background appsSupport

1. OklahomaHoss

OklahomaHoss Member

Hey guys,

I just got my Indulge, and I love it like you wouldn't believe. I found out immediately that the phone is a huge battery hog, and that this is normal for a smartphone. Especially a 4G smart phone.

Trouble is, I usually use my phone's alarm to wake me up in the morning for work at 5am, but both nights I've tried to use it, the battery drains completely and it powers off, and the alarm doesn't go off.

I went into app management and shut down all background running apps except for lookout and it still runs down completely just sitting there on the nightstand.

What am I missing?

Sorry if there's been a ton of these threads asking this question already.

Hoss

Advertisement
  2. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

I would say your missing the charger. At least that is my solution to plug it in when I'm going to bed.
    pcgamer likes this.
  3. pcgamer

pcgamer Well-Known Member

Charging overnight is the answer
  4. OklahomaHoss

OklahomaHoss Member

But doesn't this damage the battery if you charge it past "full" all night? I thought I heard somewhere that it did.
  5. Shatterproof

Shatterproof Well-Known Member

I have heard the same thing but I havent had any issues :) but if you dont want to leave it charging overnight then you could always turn off LTE using either anycut or **583385## to see if that helps.
  6. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Well-Known Member

Once it reaches full it stops charging, so it doesn't overcharge. Like Shatterproof I haven't notice issue doing so and I like having a full charge in the morning.