Battery drains During Night?Support

Last Updated:

1. homotechual

homotechual Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 30, 2009
    Anyone know what could be the cause of my battery dying while I'm asleep at night? I don't put it on the charger at night if the battery is above 20% and the last couple nights my battery will be near 30% and when I wake up in the morning it's dead?! My feeds are set to update 12 hours apart which is usually around 7am, and I thought it was the auto task killer but I shut that off. The only thing I can think of is my alarm?! But really? Any suggestions?

2. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    I leave my phone on sleep for 6 hours a day minus an occasional checking of email through out my schools day (I'm in highschool so they don't like phones out) I start out with 100% battery and by the end of school its down to 60-70%. Idk why you WOULDNT put it on the charger at night, I keep the charger plugged in with the cord on my bed for late night surfing and it works out great. Your battery will especially die fast if your signal is bad because your phone has to up the output but just charge the phone at night really not THAT hard.
  3. James Bell

James Bell Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Check your apps running before bed. Look for anything new you added or any rogue apps. I have had problems with google maps being the last app running before I put the phone to sleep. I also found the CNet scan & shop app was running the GPS at random times through the day. I have seen the browser run the GPS for no good reason too.
  4. Joachim B

Joachim B New Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Check out the app "locales" and its plug-ins. It let you manage your phone by setting up one or several conditions. As for saving battery power during the night, you could:

Time 10.30 p.m. to 6.30 a.m. (or whenever you usually sleep)

WiSync: Disable Wi-FI auto-sync (Gmail, Calendars, Contacts)
    Volume: Silent, Vibrate Off, Notification Off
    Network: Bluetooth Off, Wi-Fi Off

You could set up a similar management once your batteries reach 10 or 20 percent as well, to save power for making or receiving important calls.