Battery eaten by Calendar... Calendar not runningSupport

Last Updated:

1. tebbs915

tebbs915 New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought this phone and it seems that the Calendar is eating my battery. I have not even used the calendar... EVER! Why is my phone thinking the calendar is running ALL the time. It does not appear in any of my running tasks (through both the App tool that came with the phone and the Advanced Task Killer). My Task Killer is set to auto kill at a very aggressive rate and is set to run when the phone display is turned off.

Currently my battery will only last about 4 hours without using it when its off a charger. This is simply unacceptable for any phone, regardless of how great it is.

Can anyone give me some insight as to WHY this is happening!?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Well that could be one problem. I'd recommend ditching the auto kill altogether, its useless and it will keep your phone from idling.

Not sure why your Calendar is freaking out, do you know for sure that is what is causing it? (Check Settings -> About Phone -> Battery Use)

3. tebbs915

tebbs915 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yes-- When I look at the battery usage, its about 67% Calendar usage, and 30% display.

I just disabled the auto kill for the task killer. Have nothing related to my calendar running.