Battery first full day!General

Last Updated: 2012-11-25 02:18:44
  1. sudored

sudored Well-Known Member

13H 43M ON BATTERY.

Screen on time 2h 44m

still got 22% battery left mainly been web browsing and setting things up on my phone while out and about, 95% of the time on WiFi.
    22 mins of phone calls and around 45 texts sent and received.
    also regularly checked Facebook and twitter apps.

Advertisement
    gonzo8402 and JunBringer like this.
  2. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

Sounds very similar to my GNex battery... Not surprised but thanks for the info!
  3. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member

With 2+ hours of screen time, my GNex would be dead after 6 hours. Sounds good to me.
  4. sudored

2ND day today

16h 36mins on battery
    screen on 3h 49 m
    14% battery left.

used about same as yesterday
    20 mins of calls
    50 texts sent and received
    mainly web browsing
    wifi 95% of time 5% 3g
    Facebook and twitter apps.
    JunBringer likes this.
  5. sigvic

sigvic New Member

Glad to see someone's getting good mileage on their nexus 4, gives me hope.

I got mine yesterday evening, and needed to recharge it by the time I went to bed. After charging all night it lasted all of 6 hours this morning, with only light use, installing a few programs and getting some directions..

It gets hot just being in my pocket, with the screen turned off and nothing special running. Hope it'll get better but I'm a bit worried now.
  6. daveathall

daveathall Member

This is from my first full charge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. acp

acp Well-Known Member

That sounds like a defective one.
  8. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

When they get them back in stock you might want to go exchange it should not be getting hot sitting in your pocket
  9. sigvic

sigvic New Member

Yea I guess I might have to :( According to the Google return policy I have 15 days a to report and return a defective unit, I'll keep it a few days to make sure then maybe return it..

At least the N7 I got at the same time seems to be working fine. And apart from my battery issues it's an awesome phone!
  10. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

It could just be a rogue app. Try factory resetting your phone and then updating it. If that fixes the problem then install apps little by little and see if you can isolate it.

If it is a hardware issue there's no telling how long it will take to get a replacement.
  11. sudored

Day 3
    Battery is getting better everyday!

15 mins of calls
    50 texts sent and received
    web browsing.
    facebook and twitter apps.
    6% battery left

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    gonzo8402 likes this.
  12. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

Is there a way to enable a little battery percentage up at the top of the screen and have it show at all times?
  13. Banished Angel

Root and add in a battery mod. Once people get their hands on this phone custom ROMs will come out by the dozens.
  14. strausd

strausd Well-Known Member

I'm new to Android so I may not root right away. Plus at this rate I may never even get my Nexus 4 ;)

But is rooting really the only way to do something that simple?
  15. Banished Angel

You could always just get a battery widget. Not exactly what you were asking about, but it does what you want and there's no modding required.
  16. Nexus808

Nexus808 Active Member

Elixir 2 always worked for me. No root or anything needed and it's free.
  17. sigvic

sigvic New Member

Third time's the charm, got way better performance out of the battery this time around. Tried uploading the screenshots but the auto resize didn't work, so here are my stats:
    16hrs32min on battery, display time on 1hr40min. Light use browsing, installing some apps and some Skype messaging.

Turned off the GPS but had WiFi on most of the time. I'm relieved :)

PS. I went running this morning, gave the phone to my girlfriend who was biking next to me so she could try filming a little. At the end of the run we realized the phone had slipped from her pocket! I took the bike and biked back to look for it, but no luck. On my way back I stopped people to ask for it, and the second couple I stopped had found it by the side of the road! What a relief!! :)
  18. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Battery life for my first full charge. You can see I didn’t have the screen on all that much as it was a busy day for me. Also spent some time in places without a great signal so that accounts for some discharge. The Belly app was using the GPS for like 4 hours for some reason so I’ll be uninstalling that most likely. Wasn’t a bad day as far as battery life goes I’d say but I’ll have much busier days than this so I’ll give an update after I see how those go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  19. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

You could try BatteryWidget?Reborn

Attached Files:

20. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

I lasted a full day with this phone. On my other phone I would have to charge it after a few hours of use.
  21. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

Im on my second full day of charge with the phone right now. Yesterday was the first actual full day after getting it on Wednesday. I have to say I was very very happy with it. Normally I expect the battery to adapt for the first 3 days or so of usage, but it was great right off the bat.

With wifi, GPS and Bluetooth running the whole day and constant push from twitter and FB, I finally put my phone on the charger after 11 hours and 23 minutes. I still had 47% battery left. This is just about where I was with the Gnex running a custom ROM and kernal so I can only imagine how this phone will be in the future.
  22. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I rarely have a day that is long enough for me to kill the battery all the way, though I can't have a phone with me at work so that's a part of it. I'm still happy with the battery life on this device.