Battery force FIX found!Tips

Last Updated:

1. Patsum

Patsum Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my HTC Incredible for one week now
    I hated the battery life barely making it through one day.
    My settings are as follows:
    Blue tooth off
    Wifi off
    3G always on
    Always on data connection off
    Auto sync for all accounts off
    Gmail sync every 15 minutes
    Facebook update every few hours
    Weather update every 3 hours
    From 7: a.m. to 9 p.m. I would die. With 200 texts a day, 10 minutes of web, 30 on Pandora streaming and a few pictures taken

Here is what is happening
    The phone is not actually charging your battery to 100% even when the green light comes and and the OS reports 100% it is NOT charged to 100% nor will leaving it plugged in overnight charge it to 100%. This is a software fault
    How to fix for now while HTC comes out with a software fix..
    Turn the phone off after the phone says its at 100%. Unplug it and plug it back it..the red light for charging will come BACK on

Advertisement
  2. dibs ODDJOB

dibs ODDJOB Well-Known Member

Numerous posts on this already. Please post in one of the three battery threads.

3. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Also, it is not a software issue. It has to do with the way you charge a lithium battery involves decreasing the current after you have reached nominal voltage ( anywhere from 70-95%. I think on the Inc this happens around the 90 percent mark. ) However, a phone that is ON is taking some of that current. Turning it off removes that drain, allowing you to get up to the true full charge. The more power your phone is trying to eat, the bigger difference this can make. Also, turning it off will let it charge faster to begin with.

It should also be noted, you do NOT want to unplug and plug it back in time and again. Every single time you plug it in it will go orange. It needs to start charging for a bit, to see if the battery is full or not. You are OVER charging it doing that. Just turn the phone off, and when the light goes green, you are good to go.

4. arich57

arich57 Well-Known Member