Battery from ebay, 2 batteries + Charger for $10.Accessories

Last Updated:

1. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

We all know the battery on this phone suck. I am able to get a full days worth of use if I limit my use on the phone. For most of the time that is fine, I can do that. But there are some days where I am out on the road and I need to use this phone for more than making phone calls.

So I decided to buy an extra battery. OEM samsung battery are about $40. There is no way that I am going to spend $40 on a battery. So I checked out ebay and they had a kit for about $10 with 2 batteries and a independent charger, meaning you can charge your extra battery outside of the phone. The battery itself looks well made, it did not look like a generic black battery. It looks just like the OEM battery that you get, but instead of saying made in China on the stock battery it said made in Japan finished in China. I know tags don't mean much because they can put just about anything they want but the point is it looks nice.

Since it was shipped from Hong Kong it took forever to get here, about 24 days. But it was well worth it. The battery life seems to last longer. I don't have any scientific proof but it does from the 3 days that I had it.

I am going to admit that I will not carry the extra batteries with me everyday. I will only bring it when I know I need to use the phone off site of work. I know it is a PITA that you have to carry another battery with you but I see it a different way. I can use the phone without worrying about the batteries dying on me.

Advertisement
    star2011 likes this.
  2. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member

bout 3 different post on this but yea we already came to the conclusion they gave us half ass batteries and the 2 battery plus charger deal for 10$ on ebay is well worth the money. :D

star2011 likes this.
  3. SuperAkuma

SuperAkuma Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Wow really? I haven't been on this forum searching, but I guess I am the lucky one. So far I've only used one of the battery from ebay and it gave me just as good if not a little bit better than stock.

star2011 likes this.
  4. baji

baji Well-Known Member

Hell, I won't even lie, I carry both spares with me, in addition to the one which is already in the phone. I have been known to burn through two and then some before the day is out!

5. vapor311

well the half ass battery i speak of is the one that came with the phone itself, it does get better over time the more you completely drain and fully charge it. Give it a shot.

6. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

Did you get the kit with black charger or the white charger? The white one looks like you have to adjust the prongs. Also will the charger charge the phone and battery at the same time? Some pics show a USB port.

7. whitenerj

whitenerj Active Member

The one I got for $10 on ebay with 2 batteries is black with no USB. It shows a red LED light when charging and a blue one when charged.

8. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

I think the one I got has usb. Its black and had red/blue light

9. alphadog00

alphadog00 Well-Known Member

Did anyone go for the pack with the car charger too?

10. St_G

St_G Active Member

I didn't realize "half-assed battery" was the consensus. Like anyone, I'm always interested in ways to get MORE battery life, I get more life out of my Captivate, doing a lot more intensive stuff, and more often, than my fiancee gets out of her iPhone. With full brightness (unless I'm sitting in the dark), live wallpaper, a dozen widgets, multiple background apps and fulltime data, I can just barely drain the battery to the point that the radio shuts off by the time I go to bed.

That said, the minute someone puts out a higher capacity battery for this thing, I'm all over it. Just because better is better, even if stock isn't (imo) bad.

11. vapor311

no truly it isnt bad but it isnt great either the after market batteries are out lasting the oem ones we got...its kinda sad...

12. PGP_Protector

PGP_Protector Well-Known Member

The FM Radio ? If so, how did you get it working ?

star2011 likes this.
  13. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to the seller or the sellers ebay name ?

Thanks

14. darkendandroid23

darkendandroid23 Well-Known Member

Yes please show the link for the sellers name that is really cheap! I would love to have that. Battery life on this pretty awesome phone is terrible!

15. PGP_Protector

sharkync and Joeydroid like this.
  16. Joeydroid

I just ordered mine.

17. darkendandroid23

darkendandroid23 Well-Known Member

Thank you so very much!

18. Reggie3

Reggie3 Well-Known Member

19. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

I was just wondering how long did the batteries take, since its being sent from China ?

20. PGP_Protector

The First Link, yes (that auction is over) the Second (The sellers) is still working for me.

From the Sellers link, you should be able to find any of the active auctions.

21. beyondsimple

beyondsimple Member

i bought the 2 aftermarket battery + charger pack on ebay and although i do not regret the decision to buy, I'd point out that the batteries seem to carry 2/3 or less the capacity of the OEM battery. It might just be mine though. The charger also does not charge any battery to 100%. Leaves it charged around 88% even after a full night.

22. Joeydroid

Didi you buy yours from the same seller ?

23. PGP_Protector

Well got my Charger & Batteries today, so far, seems ok [​IMG] Charging them now. (No flames at least :D )

star2011 likes this.
  24. harold50

harold50 Member

ordered mine today

25. sharkync

sharkync Member