• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Fully Charged Notification

Breez_Bayou

Lurker
Oct 14, 2010
Ok i promised I searched and didn't find a resolution to my question... Got my Vibrate on launch day. Love 95% of the phone. In a perfect world I would tweak a few things but by and large I am happy.

HOWEVER after this most recent patch my battery full notification now also plays my notification sound. I.E. The very loud MP3 I have to wake me up in case I get a text in the middle of the night, now is going off at 3am to say "HEY battery is charged!!"

Personally I would like to get rid of the battery notification all together, but I can work around everything but it playing that MP3. I know I can silence the phone but I WANT to know if I receive a text in the middle of the night.

If it isn't possible to disable this alert I will simply not charge my phone at night so I really don't need alternative ideas, just to know if it is possible AND to provide feed back to someone this is less than an optimal situation if not.

Try to use Tasker (paid app in market).
You can create a profile to disable all notifications once the battery level has reached 99%
(Sound off, no vibrations and screen brightness to 0%)

Then create another profile that switches everything back on once 100% has been reached
(set the profile to wait for 2 minutes and then switch the sound etc back on)

I have just created this profile and will test it later... It should work and solve your problem.

Any comments by anyone regarding this?

Cheers

Marcus

Upvote 0
Here is what I do. Set the Notification sound to "Silent" in the System Settings menu. Then open the "Messaging" application and change your Notification sound there to the loud mp3 you have. Then change any email notifications you have too from within your email application. This way you get no sound when the battery is full, but are still notified when a text or email comes in.

Reactions: beebomac
Upvote 0
It would be such a pain to have to manually change settings in all my apps (messaging, email, etc) just to prevent this horrible notification.

Why does it even occur? You don't have to unplug full phones anywhere they are Li Ion.

I get woken up too at around 3am every night :(

SAMSUNG - FIX THIS IN YOUR NEXT UPDATE - PLEASE

Upvote 0
homerbrew above has got it right...

PROBLEM SOLVED ! NO COST !
I saw this suggestion in another forum also and it WORKS, so I'm passing it on !
Set the global notifications to SILENT.
Set the notification on Gmail to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.
Set the notification on messaging to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.

You'll still have a tone when you 1st plug the phone in to the charger, but NO tone when it's fully charged.

Reactions: beebomac
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones