Battery Fully Charged NotificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. Breez_Bayou

Breez_Bayou New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok i promised I searched and didn't find a resolution to my question... Got my Vibrate on launch day. Love 95% of the phone. In a perfect world I would tweak a few things but by and large I am happy.

HOWEVER after this most recent patch my battery full notification now also plays my notification sound. I.E. The very loud MP3 I have to wake me up in case I get a text in the middle of the night, now is going off at 3am to say "HEY battery is charged!!"

Personally I would like to get rid of the battery notification all together, but I can work around everything but it playing that MP3. I know I can silence the phone but I WANT to know if I receive a text in the middle of the night.

If it isn't possible to disable this alert I will simply not charge my phone at night so I really don't need alternative ideas, just to know if it is possible AND to provide feed back to someone this is less than an optimal situation if not.

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

This question has been raised before. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a solution.

3. Breez_Bayou

Breez_Bayou New Member This Topic's Starter

Was afraid of that... :( thank you

4. macwoodkicksass

macwoodkicksass New Member

Try to use Tasker (paid app in market).
    You can create a profile to disable all notifications once the battery level has reached 99%
    (Sound off, no vibrations and screen brightness to 0%)

Then create another profile that switches everything back on once 100% has been reached
    (set the profile to wait for 2 minutes and then switch the sound etc back on)

I have just created this profile and will test it later... It should work and solve your problem.

Any comments by anyone regarding this?

Cheers

Marcus

5. homerbrew

homerbrew Member

Here is what I do. Set the Notification sound to "Silent" in the System Settings menu. Then open the "Messaging" application and change your Notification sound there to the loud mp3 you have. Then change any email notifications you have too from within your email application. This way you get no sound when the battery is full, but are still notified when a text or email comes in.

beebomac likes this.
  6. natv

natv Member

It would be such a pain to have to manually change settings in all my apps (messaging, email, etc) just to prevent this horrible notification.

Why does it even occur? You don't have to unplug full phones anywhere they are Li Ion.

I get woken up too at around 3am every night :(

SAMSUNG - FIX THIS IN YOUR NEXT UPDATE - PLEASE

7. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Hate to bust your bubble, but it probably won't happen.

8. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member

i have seen the vibrant froyo and i will tell you this it is glorious oh but that little bastardo is still there waking me up to but one way you can get rid of it is to rom it or just swich setting take some extra strength tylonol pm something like that or watch check this link for more info http://tinyurl.com/23pxp48

9. nraudigy2

nraudigy2 Member

Where do you find this "System Settings menu"

10. T75

T75 Member

homerbrew above has got it right...

PROBLEM SOLVED ! NO COST !
    I saw this suggestion in another forum also and it WORKS, so I'm passing it on !
    Set the global notifications to SILENT.
    Set the notification on Gmail to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.
    Set the notification on messaging to any ringtone, NOT DEFAULT.

You'll still have a tone when you 1st plug the phone in to the charger, but NO tone when it's fully charged.

beebomac likes this.
  11. pripley

pripley New Member

Does the above mean though that you dont get a ringtone when someone calls you?
    Is that the only way to stop the beeps?

Quite a big flaw in the phone. Will put me off getting a samsung again.

12. eburton5

eburton5 New Member

First time poster. I have a rooted galaxy s 4g and what I did to stop that annoying sound was I used root explorer to browse to system\media\audio\ui and moved the tw_battery_caution.ogg file from the folder and restart the phone. Battery hit 100% and no sound. Hope this helps!

LtWorf likes this.
  13. LtWorf

LtWorf New Member

Thanks Eburton5 for the advice--I used File Expert and navigated as you suggested. It was easy to find the offending battery notification and I removed it. Many, many thanks!!!

14. tatklim

tatklim Member

Folks,

From the XDA Developers Forum, I have implemented the following solution successfully on my Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G (with GingerBread.EI22 and GingerBread.EL30), which has eliminated the "Battery fully charged. Unplug charger" notification from my phone. Good Luck! :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1386112