Battery Fully Discharged While ChargingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. six41

six41 Member This Topic's Starter

I had an unexpected call to a job site last night and had not charged my phone. When I got home the battery was down to 7%. I put it on the charger and went to sleep. When I woke up the phone booted up when I started it and I found that it was only 34% charged. I assume that even though it was on the charger it actually went completely dead and stayed off overnight (and only partially charged). It was poor timing since I had a staff member working all night and I was his on-call support.

During my 7 minute drive to work the battery dropped from 34% down below 10% (fast!). GPS/WIFI/Bluetooth were all off. I switched to airplane mode hoping it would get me to work without going completely dead. When I got here I pulled the battery, reinstalled, and then charged it fully. So far it has been fine. Anybody else experienced this?

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

I haven't, but when the battery get really low odd things start to happen...the device clearly is aware of a low battery.

3. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

I had a similar situation. I had a fully charged (at least 90%+) phone when I left to drive to my parents, drive took about 2 hours and I had the phone on the charger in the car the whole time. It was at 15% when I finally arrived.