• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery gets hot / over heats?

DaGoTTi

Jul 16, 2010
i downloaded and installed a battery monitor app and it comes with a temperature reading of the battery. i dont know if it is accurate, but i do know that when i have the evo plugged in, or just out in the area with the hot sunny days we are having here in so-cal, the battery temp shows like 100* - 120* sometimes. and when its at like 115*-120* it shows a "overheat" notice on the battery app that is running. the back of the phone is hot also, like it is actually that hot. i dont kow if it is 100 degrees or more, but thats what this app is showing, and the phone is hot.
anyone else have this issue? its kinda annoying and concerns me. i dont want this thing to explode in my hand or something...

I suddenly had a heat problem for two days last week. Same as you (except am in Fla.) was outside, in the shade, but 92 degress just sitting on the table with Sedio cover on it. I tried to make a phone call and my Evo just started rebooting and rebooting etc. Phone felt hot (didn't check battery temp. DUH!) so I pulled the battery and put phone and battery in front of a fan, flipped each a coupla times til cooler and tried again. All OK until the next afternoon, same drill! :( This is not good that our Evo can't even take 90 degree heat and still have cover protection.You would think design guys would use worst case scenario rules. Obviously not at HTC. Since most of my work calls come in late in the afternoon this has me seriously considering a different phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones