battery heat?Support

Last Updated:

1. blastoff99

blastoff99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Seems like the Inc gives off a fair amount of heat when I'm using it. Def warm to the touch, right through the case. Should I be concerned? Makes me wonder if the case is a bad idea since it is trapping heat... any insight would be great. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Captain Starfish

Captain Starfish Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be a problem so long as the battery temperature doesn't get too high. My Evo (with case) has gotten to around 110 (F) at times, though that's when it's charging. It may help to monitor it, and there are applications on the market that do this. So a case isn't necessarily a bad thing.

3. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

My Inc never goes above 76-85 F even when im hardcore using it o_O, and I thought that was hot lol

4. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member

the clunker i sent back got VERY hot, and I thought it was the battery, but on second thought, i think it was the CPU working over time because the phone had major issues.

Is the phone behaving properly?

I know the extended batteries get warmer, but that is to be expected with a larger battery.

5. Captain Starfish

Captain Starfish Well-Known Member

Yeah bigger batteries tend to do that, but again that in and of itself shouldn't cause any issues.