Battery Heat?Support

Last Updated:

1. RaVEWHQ

RaVEWHQ Member This Topic's Starter

How hot does you bettery get under load? If i'm playing a game like HomerunBaseball for awhile, it gets to 40c/104f....at idle or normal temperatures it's about 30c/86f
    I know it's normal across different phones like the EVO to hit 40c, but im curious your results on the DroidX.

Advertisement
  2. jamesk84

jamesk84 Well-Known Member

I haven't measured it with a heat gun but the only time my battery really heats up is when it's on the charger.

3. jbeck22

jbeck22 Active Member

I haven't measured it, but I have definitely noticed a big increase in heat from the battery area after doing stuff on the phone.

4. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker Well-Known Member

It tells you temperature in the settings area or you can download an app that will tell you that stats on it. I have seen mine @ 106 when I was outside eating lunch and playing games on it.

5. RaVEWHQ

RaVEWHQ Member This Topic's Starter

Well that's good to know someone else is getting high temps. It's not so much the battery, but the circuitry below the battery (where it says "with Google" on the back). I'm getting this info off BatteryLife v1.3.3 by the way.

6. JJWSTAR

JJWSTAR Well-Known Member

i have not measure it but let me tell u guys....it gets warm. after playing around & entering contacts for the last couple of days, my left hand still have that warming effect when phone is not in hand. i put on top of table whenever i can.

7. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

I have only noticed the heat when I have the phone o the car dock and it is chargering. When I take it off the cradle it is really hot.

8. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

any solution in getting the heat reduced??

9. gotmydroidx

gotmydroidx Well-Known Member

When my phone was experiencing dismal battery life it would get really hot from time to time. Now that the battery situation is fixed and I get great battery life it does not heat up at all.