• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Heat

Would it also be safe to assume that games such as angry birds, you should expect it to reach the same (maybe more) temperature only just in a shorter time span say 20-30 minutes?
More or less yes. Again if the screen is consistently on, which it would be when playing a game and its moderately cpu/gpu intensive than yes temps will rise. Other than the inconvenience of feeling warmer, I would not worry

Upvote 0
sry guys first off im a noob lol
question... used to have a motorola droid 1 overclocked. Downloding directaly to the phone running a physical internet cable to my comp which ran it to my ps3 while playing RE5, and having the wifi turning on while my roomate uses it to watch youtube. reasonable lagging and temps at 109 on average. ( thats gnarly okay with me) my fascinate ( recently rooted) my temps are reaching 104 just running basic apps.
so what is a average idle temp?
whats a normal usage temp?
and whats the temp at which i should do something to get it down?

Upvote 0
another thing sry. i used set cpu for my D1 worked awesome i could OC to 800 perfectly. but i have noticed and read that with the fascinate you can only get to 500's ? so i have gathered you need a specific kernal to actually overclock but i dont nessesarily care to. this phone is already twice as fast as my D1. so my question is do i need a CPU setting application? does rooting the phone itself affect the average running speed in a normal situation? hope this isnt too much of a dumb question lol thanks for the help guys these forums rock!

Upvote 0
another thing sry. i used set cpu for my D1 worked awesome i could OC to 800 perfectly. but i have noticed and read that with the fascinate you can only get to 500's ? so i have gathered you need a specific kernal to actually overclock but i dont nessesarily care to. this phone is already twice as fast as my D1. so my question is do i need a CPU setting application? does rooting the phone itself affect the average running speed in a normal situation? hope this isnt too much of a dumb question lol thanks for the help guys these forums rock!

You have to click on menu in setcpu and select autodetect device speedsspeeds

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones