Battery heatupGeneral

1. sajeeda

sajeeda Member

Hi there,

The phone battery gets heated up a lot. When im playing games, it goes uptill 105....is this normal....also if i play games, the battery drains by 25% in jus 15 mins...are all others also facing the same problem...Please check and let me know...as for checking the battery temp you can use the battery life widget.

Advertisement
    :
  2. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

105 F is normal,105 C your phone and hand wont survive.Just what kind of game were you playing .Doodle jump and fruit ninja dont drain battery.An hour of fruit ninja and barely 20 percent was emptied.
    It does feel a tad hot to handle though.
    I dont have wifi,3g,gps, on while playing games.
    Plus just to save battery i use custom cpu freq. :D
  3. sajeeda

sajeeda Member

i was playing angry birds...it gets heated up to that temp even during a 3-5 min cal as well...
  4. karandpr

Yeah it is quick to heat up.
    Angry Birds is almost as intensive as Fruit Ninja.
    Battery gives more quickly at less than 40. p.c.
    All in all ,your phone is pretty normal.:D
  5. karandpr

Just checked.Temperature touches 115 F while charging.I can proudly say my phone is smoking hot.;)
  6. karandpr

Just checked.Temperature touches 115 F while charging.I can proudly say my phone is smoking hot.;)
    sajeeda likes this.
  7. sajeeda

sajeeda Member

thanks for the reply.....my phone seems to be improvin day by day...today it was 122!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,
  8. karandpr

Ouch,122 is quite on the higher side.I would suggest under clocking .On the other hand 600 MHz is a bottle neck.try messing with scaling governors.:D.
  9. yamsu

yamsu New Member

Hi i recently got my Samsung Galaxy 551 and have struggled with it's software a bit to get it running just the way i want it. Android 2.2 has a few bug that can be very irritating, e.g. the signature in IMAP email client does not read newline, hence a multiline sig look bad. But all said and done with the right apps Android rocks, btw i was coming from a windows mobile, so expectation were really high.

However, i still have two problems with my phone
    1. Customize the virtual keypad that pops up on pressing the 'Sym' key on the physical Qwerty keyboard. I would like to replace some of those useless symbols with something that i might actually use.

2. Battery life: the phone won't even last a day i'm afraid, hence i would like to know how you vary the CPU speed.
  10. karandpr

1.The sym button is for symbols which aren't already present on the keyboard.:rolleyes:,Though it will be nice to see some other symbols which arent already present on the menu.
    2.The most effective way of saving battery is to use switch off 3G network and switch off data connection when not in use.