battery help, memory effect?

Last Updated:

1. SeanFL

SeanFL Member This Topic's Starter

I've been keeping my hero topped off most days (plugged in at work, in the car). it seems to work fine when unplugged for a while, but rarely do I get below 40%.

Today was different. By lunch I was down to 42%. Then within about 30 minutes I was down to 15% and falling fast.

Do I need to cycle my battery from time to time? Is there a memory effect with these types of batteries?

Thanks for guidance. Sean

Advertisement
  2. Frantic Ferret

Frantic Ferret Well-Known Member

Sounds more like a wayward app. When I've had unusual battery loss I usually find and app running in the background that didn't shut down properly. Last time it was Pandora, Nothing in the notification bar, but it was chugging along for many hours without me knowing.

3. hunterx119

hunterx119 Member

mine does this too. ive been noticing it alot lately. I would like to know why as well. Ive used app killers and stuff, but no dice. Maybe bad battery?

4. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been battling this problem lately (see the ULTIMATE BATTERY THREAD). It's very odd and frustrating. I'd been having great battery life without using a task killer at all, but I might try to use one to see what is running to try and figure out what the problem app is. I have uninstalled many of my apps, so I'm starting to narrow it down.

5. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Use Spare Parts to find the culprit.