Battery Icon Doesn't "Drain"Support

Last Updated:

1. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I noticed that my battery icon is showing nearly a solid green battery, just slightly below it (a thin sliver of black).

I've been on the phone for over an hour, played some games, got some e-mails etc and was wondering why it hasn't moved because before (had the phone since the beginning of May) it always seems to drop pretty accurately based on my usage (granted it's just observation, never studied it or anything).

I went to settings - about phone - battery - and saw that I'm actually at 70%...but yet the icon hasn't moved down. Played a game for about 3 minutes and checked again, and the green icon now accurately shows what a 70% battery life should look like.

Does anybody else know if their icon doesn't accurately represent their usage? Is this nothing to worry about? haha just concerned it will lag more and more with time or something...

Advertisement
  2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

The stock battery indicator is a POS. It only has visual references every 20% or so (can't remember for sure). Better off loading a quality battery widget and place it on your homepage for easy viewing down to the exact % if you're actually interested in the battery.

I wouldn't worry whatsoever about it causing problems in the future. Also, if you haven't rebooted your phone in a long time, might not be a bad idea. An occasional reboot is like chicken soup for most any smartphone.

alison03 likes this.
  3. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the info!! :)