Battery icon shows a question markSupport

1. norm807

norm807 Active Member

My battery indicator is acting funny.. LTE was turned on in our area yesterday and I have restarted my phone 3 times to reset the since on clock so I can get an idea of how long my battery goes.
    The first time I power cycled, by battery indicator went to a ? instead of showing fully charged. So, I power cycled again and it showed fully charged. This morning when I power cycled, it showed the ? again and has been that way for three hours now. anyone else having this issue?

attached pic of the battery indicator

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. norm807

norm807 Active Member

Ok.. my battery meter app must be skrewed up.. is still says ? in the icon, and when I go into settings-battery info, it still says I have a 100% batter even though I have been up and running for 2h 49m.

This just started right after 4g went live.. how could that have anything to do with it?
  3. vnyislesv

vnyislesv Well-Known Member

Call VZW or go into the store. I'll assume you need a new phone. Calling would be best.
  4. cereal killer

cereal killer Well-Known Member

I would factory reset before turning it in. That's what they are going to do anyway. Factory reset may actually fix it. Give it a shot.
  5. AeroEngi

AeroEngi Well-Known Member

Not to hijack this thread but how did you screenshot your battery indicator?
  6. norm807

norm807 Active Member

I downloaded an app called "screenshot er", then before posting, I just cropped the top of the image off so it would only be the status bar.
    AeroEngi and jmt9779 like this.
  7. norm807

norm807 Active Member

It is weird that it is behaving like this. I powered cycled again and this time it came back just fine(shows the correct bat level). I get the feeling when I fully charge it and cycle power, it will be there again.

I will factory reset if it happens again and see if it fixes it. Then I think it will go back to the store for a replacement. I haven't had any other problems that I know of..
  8. AeroEngi

AeroEngi Well-Known Member

Didn't know your phone has to be rooted in order to use it but thanks for the info.
  9. norm807

norm807 Active Member

Oops.. Sorry AeroEngi.. I forgot about that...
  10. norm807

norm807 Active Member

new message.. I still haven't factory reset, but after this mornings power cycle, I got this message.. I think someone forgot to tell Motorola that I can't replace the Razr battery.

Attached Files:

11. kaelahaze

kaelahaze New Member

The battery in my Motorola Electrify quit working and I ordered the one I was told to order, when I get the battery and put it in, I get the message that says it's not verified. I pulled the battery twice and it's still saying that. Any ideas?
  12. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

First of start your own thread. Second talk to the supplier of the battery.
    carracerz14 likes this.
  13. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

Seems like there is a problem with the battery. Will need to send it to a Motorola authorized repairer to replace the battery. Hopefully you are still in warranty so could contact Motorola for advice.
  14. AVSkillet

AVSkillet Well-Known Member

The only time I've seen the question mark in the battery icon, was when I put a third party battery in my phone. That was back when I had a droid 2. Obviously, you can't very easily replace the battery on the Razr. So if it's doing that on your razr, and you haven't done anything funky with your phone backing/battery, your battery/phone went crazy and you will have to take it in.
  15. scottyk30

scottyk30 New Member

You can screenshot your phone by holding down your -volume key and power button at the same time, hold till it clicks. If you hold any longer this will also reboot your phone.
  16. scottyk30

scottyk30 New Member

I can't start my RAZR after it fell off the bed, it just shows the (M) logo as its plugged in. Also when i unplug it, the screen flashes and shows a big "?" whithin the battery icon. Please help!!!!:confused: