• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery % in Status Bar (not what you think) *SOLVED*

Vipfreak

Android Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2010
I don't know what happen, but all of a sudden this Battery % showed up in my status bar. I think it was from an update for an app, but I have no idea which after looking over all of my apps. It's not the option under settings because that % shows up next to the battery the right. I searched around and it was pretty frustrating because more people are looking to add it on. Anyone know how to get rid of it... ? Thanks for the help.

SOLVED (please delete if needed)

I've got a battery percentage suddenly appearing on my Notification bar too. It's on the left hand side and the font is in blue. I can't think of any battery-related apps I've installed lately so haven't got a clue where to start looking. I would prefer not to have any battery notification in the notification bar as I use a battery widget which I can see a lot more clearly but at the moment I have the percentage on the left hand side and the battery icon on the right hand side!

Upvote 0
I've got a battery percentage suddenly appearing on my Notification bar too. It's on the left hand side and the font is in blue. I can't think of any battery-related apps I've installed lately so haven't got a clue where to start looking. I would prefer not to have any battery notification in the notification bar as I use a battery widget which I can see a lot more clearly but at the moment I have the percentage on the left hand side and the battery icon on the right hand side!

As previously said,thats because of a particularr app
Check all your battery related apps
Or check all the recently installed apps

Reactions: Pinmac1
Upvote 0
I've just spent the last hour or so checking back through the apps I recently installed even those that I was sure wouldn't be the culprits. Still no joy. I don't think I've got many battery apps and I've checked them but you're right, it is an app that's on my Note somewhere, I've just got to find it.

Upvote 0
Discovered that it was an option in Notification Toggle where you have to have an icon on the bar but I still don't know how t changed to show battery percentage as I had to dig around to find it so couldn't have change it by accident. I find it quite irritating to have icons I don't want or need in the Status Bar but Notification Toggle is too useful to ditch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones