Battery indicator incorrectSupport

Last Updated: 2012-02-29 03:32:00
  1. okbeast

okbeast Well-Known Member

Ever since teh update my battery indicator on the homepage reads incorrectly. It usually drops about 1/2 what the battery is actually dropping. For instance if the battery is at 60% it only drops to 80%. Anyone else noticed this?

Advertisement
  2. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

There have been a few battery issues since the update, particularly the battery draining faster/needing to be charged more often and the indicator not working correctly. Most who have had these issues have had them "correct themselves" after a few recharges. If it has been too long for you to wait, then try 2 different things that have been reported by others to have solved these issues:

1. Let your battery drain all the way down to less than 5%. Turn the phone OFF. Charge for at least 2 hours AFTER the indicator reads 100%. (It may take 2 cycles of this routine for the problem to be eliminated.)

2. Turn the phone OFF; take the battery out for a few minutes. Put the battery back into the phone. This has been the "last resort" tactic that seems to fix the battery issues.

Hope these work for you.
  3. okbeast

okbeast Well-Known Member

My battery has actually been lasting alot longer, just the battery indicator isn't reading the same as when I go into the battery setup page.
  4. KEB64

KEB64 Active Member

Same here. I used to think 2.3.5 registered the battery indicator TOO quickly. So this change in behavior is a welcome one to me although it IS different.
  5. 916x10

916x10 Well-Known Member

Nope, no problems here. But I don't rely on either battery indicator either, I use Battery Monitor app and have it docked in my notification bar for 1% battery charge increments :cool: