Battery indicator LED not turning green when fully chargedSupport

Last Updated:

1. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Over the last few days the battery indicator LED stays orange instead of turning green when the phone is on charge but has fully charged.

The phone is switched off and left on charge over night, for the last 4 months since Ive had the phone when I get up in the morning the battery indicator LED has turned green to show that the battery is fully charged, as it should do.

Its just since the weekend it now stays orange. The battery is charging as well as before, and when I switch it on in the morning its at 100%, so why is it staying orange when its fully charged?

I was wondering if anyone has come accross this problem before and has any idea where the fault would lie. I dont personally know what exactly would be causing the handset to not detect the battery is fully charged?

Also if the phone isnt detecting that the battery is fully charged could it cause any problems if it carrys on charging instead of cutting off the charger after its fully charged?

Apart from this the phone is working perfectly and my battery life is pretty good for a Desire from what ive read online.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. riki1kenobi

riki1kenobi Well-Known Member

Custom ROM/rooted phone?

Have you tried a hard reset?

Last resort, restore phone to factory settings.......

3. master_yoda

master_yoda Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not rooted, just the latest generic HTC update for Froyo 2.10.405.2

Dont really wanna reset phone if I can help it cus its workin fine apart from the LED not changing colour when its fully charged.

The only thing I can think of thats changed around the time it started doing it was gmail updated itself the other day!

Just want to know if anyone has the technical knowledge of how the phone detects its fully charged and then changes the light to green, so I can try and work out what the problem could be. Maybe faulty battery?