Battery indicator looks like 90% when it has 65%Support

Last Updated:

1. triple486

triple486 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded free battery widget on the market.
    It shows my battery is 65%, but stock battery indicator (blue bar) looks like more than 87~90% or so.
    Is this only my phone or stock UI battery indicator is wrong?

Advertisement
  2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

most battery widgets need to be calibrated. after a few charge cycles they give their best "guess" as to how much time/charge you have left based on your previous patterns. Also the battery indicator isnt that reliable. Battstat is a great battery widget that uses the system battery settings, or if you root you can get the battery percentage instead of the battery icon.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

your stock battery indicator is way off. try batteryminder from the market.

4. Moonfire

Moonfire Well-Known Member

I would guess that it just needs recalibrated, yes.

Although it may also just be that the stock can't be that accurate. I have another app replacing it so I can't check, but say the entire thing is four pixels wide. For 100% of course it'd have all four pixels. But it may wait until it's below 75% to only show three pixels. Until then all you know it it's somewhere between 75 and 100%. Same with three bars - it could be anywhere from 74 to 50% battery life. It's just that the app's size limits its accuracy.

5. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

I've found that the stock battery indicator is a little flakey. I use Battstatt and Battery Indicator to see the %.