Battery Issue on newly rooted phone

Last Updated:

1. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all. This is the first time I've rooted a phone, and i picked the Kaos Froyo V38 as the rom, but I've noticed since i did all of this my battery has been far far worse than what it was un-rooted. Today, for example i had my phone off the charger and on vibrate (with gps, mobile network off) and i was down to under 15% in under 5 hours. This is so much worse. Is it because i'm now running 2.2? What can i do to help this besides wiping the battery data (in the recovery menu)? I'm not really good with all of this yet, so some suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. metlcat

metlcat Well-Known Member

Check the Kaow Froyo thread on xda. I don't run this rom, but I believe you have to flash a different kernel.

3. CTM

CTM Well-Known Member

i also just rooted how would i flash that kernel?

4. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

there were some pretty big issues with battery life and the stock kernel, i ran v38 a couple weeks ago. generally when people say "flashing" anything they mean installing a zip, just like you did when you installed the rom, straight from recovery.

as far as battery life goes it could be the rom, it could be auto-backlighting (which is wonky in cyanogen-based roms, at least for me), it could be an outdated version of facebook, an outdated battery fuel gauge (which you can reset via recovery) or a dozen other things. this is one of the reasons most people will tell you to stay away from froyo for a first rom. honestly I love CELB but I'm tempted to go back to XTRrom because its *perfect*.

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Meh. It's not perfect until it gets that Froyo Gmail client. *That* would be perfect. ;)

(Actually, I am also patiently waiting for the Vanilla ROM that Zach.xtr and Tenzo wrote to get autobacklight.)

6. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't go out of my way to get froyo, it kaos just happened to be the first one i found that seemed to be working all great and everything.

So, if theres something you could suggest that would stop with this battery leak, i'd love to hear it :)

7. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

Try Nonsensikal v13.2. I'm on 12.5 and so far today, I took my phone off the charger at 6:15 and it is now 9:15 and I'm down to 98%. I can usually do 9 hours at work with mild to moderate use and not go below 50%. I tend to check FB and Twitter a lot during the day along with texting and a couple of phone calls.

8. CTM

CTM Well-Known Member

go over to the kaos thread on xda. Theres a link on this site under the thread labeled Kaosfroyo V38 is out. Go to that site and download and flash over the kernel just like how thrawn said. im doing it now and it should help out with the battery issue.