Battery issue related to Wifi post update.

Last Updated:

1. GripnRip

GripnRip Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've notice over the last 3 days that I seem to be having some battery issues post update. I've got a V3 phone purchased on launch day. I've never had battery issues, usually get around 14-16 hours per charge before the update. After last weeks update it seems that my battery life has gone downhill to the point where i'm lucky if I get 10 hours.

I notice that if i look at my usage using #*#*4636*#*# that it shows the the system running constantly and the time spent without sleeping is a very high percentage. I've also notice that my wifi on and wifi running percentages are the same. It seems when i leave wifi on (which i have for the most part since i got the phone) it's always connected and killing my battery. What could have happened after the update to cause this? I know the OTA was supposed to fix the facebook sync issue, but i tried doing that fix any way. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. GripnRip

GripnRip Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone have any idea? Wifi is killing my battery real fast post OTA. I use to be able to leave it on with out this issue.