Battery issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay so i got an HTC hero about 4 days ago and it only came with a USB charger so what ever. i charge it everynight and stuff. then when i go to use the phone the battry will last like only 2-3 hours!!!!!! whats the deal with this.

Advertisement
  2. steveg

steveg Active Member

HTC heroes have a known battery drain issue with the stock sms texting program. Install handcent sms and then go back into the settings for the stock messages program and turn off the notifications altogether. Then never use the program or its widget again :)

3. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have another SMS program installed. i have chomp SMS isntalled but everytime i get a text i GET TWO notifactions, one form chomp SMS and one from the stock messaging thing.

4. rice

rice Active Member

Still 2-3 hours sounds too little even with the stock sms app. You have turned off wifi and bluetooth? Check your awake time on phone , settings -> about phone -> status -> awake time. If it's still 100% then something else is draining your batteries (that is after you have turned off stock sms app).

5. Spacemonkey

Spacemonkey Well-Known Member

Do a search on this forum and you'll find a lot of comments about the notorious battery issue.

Various fixes work for some people but not for others.

Mine can be great, and it can be shocking. Still unable to find a pattern and I've spent ages trying to sort it out.

6. RicoUX

RicoUX Member

mmmmm

Before my wake time was 40%, now that i installed handcent, it seems like my wake time has gone up to 60%!!! Also, on handcent, I cant seem to get the trackball to light up when i get a text.

Any thoughts?

Thx

7. JayCee

JayCee Well-Known Member

I'm sure I read on this forum it doesn't on the Hero...have a read through or search the forum for handcent.

8. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Charging via USB is slow too. If you bought the Hero through official channels you should have gotten a plug too. The USB cable inserts into the plug and charging that way is a lot faster.

But yeah you must be doing something for it to only last 2-3 hours (unless thats an exaggeration :p)

9. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Stock SMS app in use here from day 1, battery easily lasts a day of use, current awake time is 12%.

p.s. Charging time is longer via USB due to the 500mA max current delivery versus the 1A provided by the mains charger.