Battery IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. NativeJim

NativeJim Member

Have photos for 2nd problem.

Make: LG Optimus Showtime
    Model: (LGL86C) Phone
    Carrier: Straight Talk

1.) I just bought this phone brand new about a week ago from Walmart for the carrier ST and ever since the 3rd or 4th day, I have been having problems with the battery. It was dying super fast and just 2 days ago I noticed something. It finally got down to 17% Battery Power left and I shut it off to charge for about a half hour to 45 mins. Usually, when a phone is off and charging, it will charge 2x or 3x faster, but this time I turned it on and my battery was at 24% when it should have been over 30% easily.

2.) My 2nd incident happened early this morning; It completely died all the way to 0% and I got home, plugged It in and left it charging for a good Hour and half to 2 hours and when I went to check it, the battery bar (When off) Said it was 100% so I unplugged it & turned it on and it said 55% battery and died semi-quick with no apparent reason.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

I believe that there are issues with the charger or battery.
  3. MalindaDawn

MalindaDawn Active Member

I have same phone....did you let it get full charge first time you used it? I noticed power saver was on...but are you changing any of them after turning it on? If you did every thing the right way then it is a prob with battery or charger....and to be honest with the dealing I have had from st over the phone you may be wasting your breathe...I would just spend the money on a new battery on LG website or going to store and getting one...I have had my Showtime since March bought from website and only issue as of yet is trying to get jelly bean up date...Will probably have to root to get.....
  4. NativeJim

NativeJim Member

Honestly, after a little bit of reading about battery conditioning, I did not let it charge when I first bought the phone. Is there anyway to fix that? And yeah I actually just had a HTC Evo Design 4G phone that I only used for Wi-Fi service and after a couple months of use, it did the same thing my current phone is doing. Maybe that's just my luck, idk.. but yeah so you guys suggest buying a new battery from the LG website?
  5. NativeJim

NativeJim Member

And I've thought about rooting this phone, I have one question and that's, If I root this phone, is there anyway ST could find out that I did root?
  6. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

If you un root the phone before you return the phone for... let's say warrenty, ST would not be able to tell whether you root or not.
  7. MalindaDawn

I wanna root mine but I'm too afraid to cause I have never done it.....
  8. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

If you followed every steps in the rooting guide, you won't screw up. Last time I was in the same boat as you, until I realised I got nothing to lose by rooting.
  9. MalindaDawn

I can't afford another phone so if I screw this one up that is what I have to lose..Lol
  10. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

What is your phone brand and model?
  11. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

And btw, if you bricked your phone by mistake, you can always recover it by flashing back to the manufacturer's stock rom.
  12. MalindaDawn

LG optimus Showtime LGL86c
  13. MalindaDawn

Yeah when you first open that phone or of box babe you have got to let it get full charge....most people don't cause woooo New phone I'm guilty of the same lol but it can wear the battery down....and it won't last long
  14. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

You won't have to let it charge for 8 hours or so, right?
  15. MalindaDawn

I would get it from the website cause I'd you call them about it they will tell you that it was your fault and you will pay allot more than you would on website
  16. tastycaramel

tastycaramel Guest

Really? Didn't know of such thing...
  17. MalindaDawn

only reason i said that is because i done same thing and that is what i was told and after checking price on site and price that they gave me site was cheaper
  18. cyann69

cyann69 Guest

anyone know how to open the Showtime to replace the battery?
  19. cyann69

cyann69 Guest

Never mind I downloaded a manual and found out how. Duh Me LOL:D
  20. cooperkevin65

cooperkevin65 Member

If you brick the LG showtime you can't recover or flash it back. No one has a recovery rom for it. I have a bricked Showtime right beside me :(