Battery issues my @ss!Tips

Last Updated:

1. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

8h 55m 56s since unplugged and is at 54%.
    I wish I could take a photo and upload it.

Advertisement
  2. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

means nothing if you don't list what you did with the phone during that time.

ryohei47 likes this.
  3. RoboMonkey

4. DarkManX4lf

DarkManX4lf Well-Known Member

Soupiusmaximus likes this.
  5. T Mac

T Mac Well-Known Member

Did you keep the sense screens the same? Are you using friend stream?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

6. nancyh1990

nancyh1990 Well-Known Member

I took the phone home, drain the battery and fully charged it (about 3 hours until green light is solid). With no additional apps, with no 4G available (I am about 10 miles south of the 4G tower in Houston!), I tested the sprint Nav. The battery lasted about 3 hours. I fully charged again and did the same thing. Battery again lasted about the same amount of time. With Li, I always drained at least 2 times before start using the phone.

7. bandityo

bandityo Well-Known Member

I fully charged mine when I got it at 830am and used it all day. Came home at 730pm and still had at least 40%. Doing fine for me as well.

8. RoboMonkey

Just turn off Background data and you'll never have an issue with the battery. I'm not a Facebook junkie so I don't care about constantly being kept up to date with what every one is up to.

9. septro

septro Well-Known Member

^ this man speaketh the Trutheth!

My battery is doing just fine and easily lasts a whole day with fondling the phone all day yesterday..

10. SteveJobCutLine4myLiver

SteveJobCutLine4myLiver Well-Known Member

my phone finally shut down after watching 90+min of killbill vol 1 on youtube, 1hour of fantasy baseball web surfing, 100 text, 1hr of spongebob on sprint tv for my daughter, 30min call, 1hr of playing around with settings/widgets/taking pics with flash. :)

11. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

GREAT battery life so far. Weather updates qhour, News updates qhour, push GMail, screen brightness 50% with auto brightness off, using the phone and web surfing as per usual. So far, the battery life APPEARS to be better than my former iPhone 3GS, and is DEFINITELY better than my former HTC (not so) Incredible. So far so good!

12. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Battery life on the EVO kicks my incredible in the nuts...lol! In all fairness, and to be honest. The battery life on the EVO is way better then I expected, better then my 3Gs and light years ahead of the incredible in terms of everyday usage. And yes I'm a power user, my device, whichever it may be, gets a lot of daily use.

13. jonnyjonjon

jonnyjonjon Well-Known Member

Yeah! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! Played around with the phone all evening last night after it charged once. figured i'd disharge it fully overnight by constantly playing pandora (after a night of heavily toying with my new geek toy, including HDMI out and some 4g speed tests). Imagine my surprise when Pandora was STILL playing when I woke up!

Granted, it was over WiFi, but the battery seems pretty adequate so far!

14. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

heh, they must have changed something with pandora for Evos or something. On my blackberry and my PC, when I leave pandora on, it automatically stops playing songs after about 1 hour of idleness prompting if i want to keep listening.

So far my battery has been pretty good, without charging straight from the box yesterday, I messed around with the phone for a good 3-4 hours before it died. Charged it overnight, I have my SystemTool app installed, excited to see my battery bar graph through course of the day.

15. narf

narf Well-Known Member

I hope you realize you are NOT supposed to fully drain a Li ION battery. This can actually damage it.

16. kurpaige

kurpaige Well-Known Member

I think alot of people was trying to scare people away from buy this phone. I bought mine, turned it off and plugged it in. went to lunch and picked it up at 11am. Over used it testing everything, playing on the internet, testing weather, downloading all the apps i could find, etc. got home at 10 last night, 20% left, 10 hours and that was none stop playing on the phone.

All i did so far is anything that has a time i can set i set them all to 3 hours. GPS was the only thing on, bluetooth will be on today so I'll see what happens.

17. n0apostrophe

n0apostrophe Well-Known Member

the app shootme actually works on an unrooted evo. makes it extremely easy to take screen shots. and it is fun because you shake the phone to take a picture.

18. kcpowercat

kcpowercat Member

I must be doing it wrong then, I got 3 hours at a party last night...I did take some photos and upload one video though. Obviously I need to tweak something.

19. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

Im at about 21 hours with 50% charge. Im on 3g and wifi when at home. I turned off GPS, have gmail push, friends updates, live wallpaper, used the FM radio for about an hour and watched a few youtube videos along with normal internet surfing.

20. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

What does turning off the background data do/what effects does it have on what apps? Thanks!

21. leastbay

leastbay Well-Known Member

try turning off the GPS, im getting twitter and facebook updates and it doesnt seem to be using much

22. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

I'm getting great battery life also... way better than my previous wm phone...

23. Enellz

Enellz Well-Known Member

Brought my phone home with a half bar after set up, browsed on WiFi, checked out the phone, and had about 20% percent left after 3 hrs. Not bad, about the same as my 3GS. If its a major concern I'm sure they make a better one

24. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

best. Thread. Ever. Now I wish the stupid media coverage can see this instead of focusing on a few reports about people who don't use common sense power management.

25. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

I just woke up, took my phone off the charger, it's been on all night.

I've sent 3 texts, checked my email and made one 5 minute call. I'm at 87% left.

Personally I think the battery sucks balls.

Then again I haven't really tweaked much either.