Battery issues or battery meter?Support

Last Updated:

1. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 23, 2009
    I bought the Seidio 1750MaH battery. I fully charged it then bump charged it. With medium usage it went from 100% to 5% in less than 6 hours. When I plugged it in to charge, he battery meter read fully charged in less than 10 minutes. I left it plugged overnight while turned off, and the battery is depleting just as quickly with medium usage today. Any thoughts on how to tell if it's the battery or the meter that is faulty? I'm using the meter on mini info widget and the SwitchPro widget to monitor.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Hi Mom. Definitely sounds like a faulty battery. I'd return it if I were you and get a more reliable brand with equal / better performance for much cheaper.

Ebay has one for $15 and Amazon for $25. HTC Standard 1500mAh Lithium Battery for HTC Snap S521, S522, T-Mobile Dash 3G and HTC Hero GSM version: Cell Phones & Service
    jayjay1122 likes this.
  3. f5_again

f5_again Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Yeah, what he said... bad battery... return it or exchange it.

I bought the 1500 mAh and can get about a day and a half with light usage, just under a full day with heavy usage (YMMV).

With charging cables at my desk, in my car, and at home I'm covered very nicely.
  4. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Sounds like you got a lemon. More than likely it is not reporting its status properly to the phone.

I run a Seidio 1750 and while we could never compare our usage, I can easily run my battery all day and well into the next but just plug in every night by habit.

Again, our usage may be completely different, but think you just got a bad one.

Also on the recommendation of Jamor, I picked up one of the HTC 1500mAh from the link above as a backup.
    jamor likes this.
  5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Sounds like a bad battery to me. I would call Seidio and have them exchange it.

If you have reason to think it might be the battery meter, you could try downloading a new meter app and see what it tells you. But I would just go strait to Seidio.