yahoowizard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Charged at 9 PM 8/26/10
    Time-Percent-What I did after that
    9 30 PM-97, then standby
    4 30 AM-82 Today
    5 00 AM-81, standby
    6 30 AM-66, Then, played What the Doodle
    8 00 AM-33, standby...
    9 00 AM-20, more What the Doodle and other games...
    10 40 AM-0

My brightness is near low, I don't have a live wallpaper, my power saver mode is turned on. Wi-Fi is on, Bluetooth is off, Launcher Pro, Advanced Task Killer is set to max (Crazy+Whenever display is off). What else, it's rooted and all that, I got beautiful widgets or w/e. Don't get why it loses so much on standby either. Also, a lot of people said in an area with bad service, I might drop a lot, and in fact, that is true. I only get 2, 1, or even no bars from my room, but I can't just turn on Airplane mode, making my phone unusable. Any idea, or do I need to get this exchanged? Everyone says battery life is user error, but iono. Also, might be important, but this is the third day with my phone, on it's 2nd or 3rd life cycle now.

Advertisement
  2. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

Actually, that signal issue will drain a LOT of battery life as the phone is constantly searching for service, even in standby mode. Do you notice any part of the house that gets better service, that you might be able to park the phone at times you're not using it.

As for the age of the phone, like many people have noted, their batteries have improved with age. I'm just now starting to notice (on my 3rd week with phone) that the time between charges is increasing. My 1st couple of days, even though I was aware its a smartphone and a battery hog, I was ready to send it back. After learning more about it, what to turn off/on and letting it drain fully and charge fully... I'm noticing a marked improvement.

Give it another week or two, if it hasn't improved, call tech support and see about getting a replacement. I would try at least 1, before I gave up and went with something else.

3. yahoowizard

Alright, it's only been three days, so I should probably wait. I mean, if it's going to get better, I should wait, but some of these people are getting some awesome battery life. I'd be happy to get 30 hours instead of w/e I'm getting now.

4. yahoowizard

As time goes on, does the phone charge quicker too, or does that time remain constant?

5. yahoowizard

Ok, I guess I'm going to go return this. I mean, I don't think there's anyway to quadruple or 5x this battery life if I use it for a bit longer. I just wish I would be able to change the battery alone and not the entire phone...

6. tytdfn

tytdfn Member

WAIT!!!!!!!!! before you do that do this:

1. Charge fully while phone is awake.
    2. Unplug charger and turn phone off
    3. Plug in charger and wait until its at 100%
    4.Unplug the charger and then boot up the phone.
    5. Wait until the phone boots up all the way (1-2 min)
    6. Turn off phone and plug in charger.
    7. When full unplug turn on and use normally.

I found this hits the real 100% of the batttery. Now i actually see the 99-92 percentiles for more than 30 secs

7. yahoowizard

I'm just going to let it charge from around 5 PM till 5 AM, and then try what you said ^^^. I'll just go on regular usage after that and see how well it does.