Battery issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. droid_head

droid_head Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I charged my Fascinate fully before even turning on for the first time.
    I've been using it and left it on overnight just to see what kind of life it had. Was at 50% by morning. Not too bad considering i left the animated wall paper on.
    However, I charged it today and got the 100% charged message. But when I removed the adapter, the battery went immediately to 50%. So I turned off and thought I might charge the rest. The battery indicator was below 50% and after 30 seconds said "100%" charged. So I powered back on and I'm still at 50%. I've made all of the usual tweaks, such as turning off wifi, bluetooth, animated wallpaper, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what's going on?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. droid_head

Update: I was charging it off my computer. I couldn't find any info on this, so I apologize in advance for a duplicate thread.
    I plugged in the wall charger and it seems to be charging now.
    So it must be something with charging it on a pc. I'm not a big fan of charging on a pc anyway, so no loss.

Does anyone have any input on this?

3. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member

This is more of a general tip, but have you tried discharging your battery at least once? Some phones occasionally suffer from meter inaccuracies, so a complete run down might improve the reading a little more.

droid_head likes this.
  4. bradmatic

bradmatic Well-Known Member

fyi.. first 3 days.. battery life sucked.

but, after i got done downloading everything i could get my hands on.. it held to 3/4 charge during my entire shift. (8 hr). that's with wifi no 3g.

droid_head likes this.
  5. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

My phone takes like 10 hours to charge by computer, no joke. Takes 2-3 by wall charger. YMMV.

6. saps

saps Well-Known Member

No this is absolutely the case. Do not charger via the usb only. You must plug it into the wall

7. Gibbyson

Gibbyson Well-Known Member

Totally, output from your USB is only going to be 5v. From the wall, its a lot more.

8. droid_head

Thanks for all of the tips. Thinks I'm not going to use USB charge on PC. I'll let it discharge tonite.
    I'm sure this has been discussed in this forum on side discussions, but didn't really find a thread that fit my question and didn't have time to read through all posts.

Thanks a ton.