Battery lasting longer when charged with USB???

Last Updated:

1. mvh

mvh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My battery level was 36% this morning (8AM), so I plugged it into my computer and pulled it out when it was 100%. It still has 93% now (7.13PM)

Has anybody encountered this as well?

Advertisement
  2. philarmer

philarmer Well-Known Member

I notice no difference in battery life whether using USB or AC.

3. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

I think you'd need to do that a few times for the experiment to be of any value. :)

4. Cornflake

Cornflake Well-Known Member

A battery is either charged to 100% or not charged to 100%. How it gets charged to 100% is irrelevant.
    It's more likely that there is some difference in your usage since checking the first time, or a service was switched off somewhere along the line.

5. Haste75

Haste75 Well-Known Member

What he said.

6. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

You make no reference to how long it has been off charge for, my phone will often come off charge at 10 pm & still have 96% charge at 8 am the following morning.
    As it is it came off charge tonight at 7.30 pm & now at 9.30 pm it still reads 100%

7. eteyen1

eteyen1 Well-Known Member

lol, hyou didnt actually say what time you unplugged it, which could make a whole lot of difference!

8. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I quoted the time it came off charge, if you read my post correctly.
    The words off charge mean not connected to an external power source,
    otherwise it would be on charge.

9. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member

Probably because it took until 7pm to get to 100% through USB and you've had it running for 13 minutes since.

:D

10. eteyen1

I have read your post correctly, and you didnt state when it came off charge, the only times mentioned are when it was at 36% (8AM) and now at 7.13PM when its only lost a few percent. No mention in your post about when it came off charge...

Edit- you only said you unplugged it when it was 100%. My point is that you could have unplugged it at 6PM which would make the drain quite reasonable. You need to specify when you unplugged it to paint a clearer picture

11. bass2rez

bass2rez Active Member

I think you may have anoniemouse confused with the original poster. I see no ambiguity in what anoniemouse said.

But, could there be a difference if its charged slowly, and so generates less heat during charging?

If you take the opposite to an extreme and charge the battery very fast, it could state that its at 100%, but lose charge very quickly. I have certainly seen this with car batteries.

12. eteyen1

ah yes, right you are bass2rez. My first post was meant for the OP, and when I started writing it anoniemouse hadnt replied. I got sidetracked at the time so when i posted anonie got in there before me, so mine came after his, and thus he thought I was referring to him. I think we were both actually saying the same thing to the OP

13. mvh

mvh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry I forgot to state when I took it out of the USB port. I took it out around 11 AM.