• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery leaking

look in spare parts... see whats running... also when exiting an app.. are you hitting home or the back button?? hitting home does NOT end the program.. hitting back will exit the app. Do you use gmail or gmail AND mail.. if using mail how often does it check for mail? do you leave twitter running? how about google talk or another IM??

there's a lot of things that can cause the drain..

Upvote 0
Just keep a charger with you, or you can follow the battey thread and turn every single thing on your phone off and use your phone for anything but to make calls. Trust me, those are your only options.

I have accepted the fate of my lousy battery, and carry my charger with me everywhere I go.

If this is not what you wanted to hear I apologize. I worried like you, but all the answers I got were watch what you use, turn everything off, or carry a charger.

Upvote 0
a HUGE part of battery life is the signal strength you get.. here at home, I get 4+bars (mainly 5-6).. I run WiFi and with my strong signal with mild use I can go 30-36 hours per charge.. of course, the more you use the phone... the more power you use. streaming music..surfing the web... watching videos.. taking videos..taking a ton of pics.. playing games.. txting yer butt off..and emailing like a mad spammer will eat more battery.. even with moderate to heavy use I can go 17+ hours..

however, if I go someplace with poor signal... like when I get sent to a clients site and go into the radiology dept at a hospital.. I get ZERO bars.. if I don't go into airplane mode, my battery will be dead in 4 hours.. that's because the phone is boosting power trying to find a tower.. 1-2 bars eats a lot more power than 4-6 bars..

now (ok I've said this before but you get to hear it again).. look at all you do with your PHONE... you surf..you email.. your IM (or txt) you stream music... you play graphical games.. just like you would on a laptop.. but a laptop only last 2-4 hours per charge.. phone looking pretty good for it's battery life isn't it?

to get better battery life.. don't have a bunch of apps constantly updating.. Email... the Gmail app uses a LOT less power than the Mail app.. you do know that you can set Gmail to pull email from other accounts right? you can even set it to reply as if it came from the account the mail was sent too.. I do this for my ISP email.. makes like simpler..

bottom line.. you can get great battery life and still use the phone for more than making calls..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones