Battery less than 100% after unplugging from a full charge

Last Updated:

1. chnzshyguy

chnzshyguy Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else experience this? Is there any way to get the phone to keep charging after it gives that "battery is full message"?

Advertisement
  2. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. As soon as I unplugged, my battery widget went from 100% to 97% instantly.

I sure hope the batteries just need conditioning.

3. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

someone else said that they didn't have this problem previously which led me to believe it had trickle charge. strange.

4. Droidone

Droidone Well-Known Member

This is a problem on the Evo side too and it drives me crazy. You have to power down your phone when it shows fully charged. The unplug the cable and then plug back in and let the phone charge till you see whatever color you see when you get a full charge. Do that a couple of times and you will have to 100%. It's a pain in the butt

ko57 likes this.
  5. mrvirginia

i agree. it's my biggest pet peeve about our phones :(

6. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Is there a battery app on the phone, or is this something you downloaded from the Android market?

7. mrvirginia

there's a way to navigate to the info on your phone. i don't have it yet but it should be something like menu > settings > about phone? > battery

you can also download something called "spare parts" from the market which makes it quicker to get to (only 2 taps)

8. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

About 2-3 weeks ago, there was a discussion going on in captivate forums that having a charger with higher voltage actually lets your phone charge more. Somebody mentioned exact same thing being discussed here that if you use 1 amp or even 2.1 amp charger, it will stuff more electricity in your phone and charge it to full 100% capacity.

9. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

I saw it on the internet it has to be true.

Always remember... If it sounds to good to be true it probably is

10. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

The problem I have with Spare Parts and any battery reader on this phone is that it seems to be highly inaccurate.

For instance, I charge my phone. I unplug it knowing it's 100% and Spare Parts/Quick System Info says I only have 95% battery. A couple of hours go by and it's showing 82% battery with little to no use.

The problem I have, though, is that the graphical icon for the battery remains full.

So, I wonder if the applications use their own calculations which are wrong on this phone or if the phone displays the battery wrong.

11. mrvirginia

yup. it's also dangerous to do this. wikipedia trickle charge and read up on it. while trickle charging isn't a problem when designed into phones or other devices correctly, i wouldn't dare plug my phone up to a higher voltage charger. only OEM.

12. taylormah

taylormah Well-Known Member

Ofcourse charging thought a higher voltage charger will blow apart your phone .. well not really, just exaggerating. I didn't say higher voltage, I mentioned higher amperage. If I am not wrong, the included wall charger has a amp rating of 0.7 amp and 5 volts. Using 1amp charger at same 5 volts rating will help charge it fuller. Not my words, some engineer mentioned it in the thread I read it from. It is there somewhere in captivate forums, but I am too lazy too lookup at this time.

13. nickw511

nickw511 Active Member

I shut my phone down last night and charged. On this morning and only 95%.
    I'm using Battery Minder right now and think it IS accurate and i think the graphic display is programmed poorly. It consistently dips as the percentage falls below, 80%, 60% etc and they both message at 15% however the stock indicator always "looks more full" than it should.

Also, I despise the fact the camera won't work <15%!!

14. icemanjs4

icemanjs4 Well-Known Member

Oooh now this is kind of scary. I checked more details about my battery usage.
    I'm now down at 64% usage. Voice calls make up 15% of that usage. Poking further reveals 3 minutes and 15 seconds of phone usage. So if 3 minutes used up 15% of nearly 40% of my battery, something seems pretty wrong.

15. TRSN

TRSN Well-Known Member

Can you please tell me how you got these stats?

16. nickw511

nickw511 Active Member

To get the raw stats hit menu from home screen. Click About Phone. Click Battery....this shows you percentages of things eating battery. Click on each thing and it shows you how long that thing was "on".