• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life - 18hr yesterday, 7 today

5ivezer0

Lurker
Jul 14, 2010
I have read many of the threads and I am well versed in things we can do to save battery life on our Slide 3G. No wi-fi, gps, weather, etc. I've owned mine for about a month now and have normally got about 18 - 20 hrs per charge. Not great but we know how it is. So in the last few days I've experienced crazy fluctuations. The battery life all of a sudden has been...

Monday - 8 hrs
Yesterday - the normal 18 hrs.
Today - less than 7 hrs

Mind you I've not installed anything (in fact removed some apps that would have contributed to decreased battery life), nor have I even used my phone for more than 6 or 7 calls and some texting. This was really mostly stand-by time.

Does this have to do with a known T-mo issue with syncing of:
Settings -> Accounts & Sync -> Manage accounts -> T-Mobile

I've read there should be a check box to stop this account specifically from syncing (and the other accounts, i.e. weather, stocks, etc.).

I don't have separate check boxes for any of those. Is that right?

What are the repercussions of turning off the check box "Background data"?

I'm guessing the issue lies with something there.

Any help would be great. Thanks

You need to investigate what is causing your battery drain, never assume its one program over another. On this phone, it was the calendar draining my battery, I occasionally have to kill the process on reboots and it fixes the drain.

I suggest the Battery Left widget (free in the market) or Spare Parts (free also) to access the battery history sceen (check partial wake usage).

Upvote 0
Thanks Tangent and Chadmd23.......

As I was writing this I found that when I checked the Auto Sync box, all those check boxes appeared (I had it unchecked). Meaning I had them all turned off. So... when Auto Sync is turned off, those check boxes physically disappear (not just greyed out). I just learned something there.

So why does the sync icon still appear when I have everything set to NOT sync?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones