battery life , 4 days is easy , eer

Last Updated:

1. aardys

aardys Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well chaps i have found how to get the most from yer battery , . turn screen bright down to 1 third , use static wallpaper , turn off all background stuff, + wifi , 3G , GPS, turn off all apps , , i used my phone for a couple of texts , the odd call , checked gmail account 4 times a day manualy , and maybe the odd check on ebay ,
    could prolly get 5 days just on standby , uses about 20% per 24 hours.

only trouble is they put so much on this hone you just wana play with it, lol .
    oh yeh , and hi from a noobie with a desire :)

Advertisement
  2. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

Its the same with my house ,i have a pc ,tv ,dvd ,but when i switch em off i dont use as much electric.

3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

I go one step further, I have all my lights on dimmer switches and when I need the pennies I turn them all down to 1/3. :p

Seriously, the Desire is a smart phone. If you don't use the extra features, why didn't you save yourself a few hundred quid and get a dumbphone? I too can get 5 days out of my desire if I don't use it much, but I'd much rather use it 5 times as much and plug the thing in at night!

People fuss too much over the battery. If you're off into the wilderness for a week, I suggest you buy a cheap

4. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

I agree, what's the point in owning a Desire if you're going to leave all the features disabled. Total waste of money.
    If I can make full use of my Desire and make it through the day without having to charge then that's fine.

All I bother with is having the Power Control Widget on the front page where various functions can be toggled on/off. Good enough.

5. aardys

sorry for the post ,
    seems there no way to delete it

6. lorrebreaker

lorrebreaker Well-Known Member

There is no need to delete it, everyone as there own ideas on how best to run things. Personally i just charge mind every day as it doesnt take too long to fully charge.

Welcome to the forum & the world of android aardy. Learning what you can do with your android is part of fun.

7. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

It's all about finding the balance between battery life and functionality. Changing the update interval for each app helps, plus adding a few toggles for controlling mobile internet, screen brightness and wi-fi makes these features really easy to turn off when you don't need them, and on again when you do.

The important thing is to try and set up your phone so that it only does the minimum it needs to do to be useful and functional, and avoid letting it use battery power for no reason when you don't need it to.

8. aardys

yep thats what i have done , i only use sat nav and wifi etc when i need them , dont have them running while in my pocket,
    great phone , dont know how i managed without it now , lol :D

9. Evil Genius

Evil Genius Well-Known Member

[FONT=&quot]no need to apologise and certainly no need to delete.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]battery life of the desire is a hot topic and some members may be able to use some (or all) of your suggestions to extend their own battery life.[/FONT]

10. el_caro

el_caro Active Member

I think the battery thing is a bit overblown in most cases. Like has been said turn of what you do not need, but use it freely when you need it. A daily charge or even more often if you give it a hammering is not really that big a deal and if you wear the battery out quickly by charging more often then get another one as they are dirt cheap.
    This is a toy to play with and enjoy and to let the battery hamper your enjoyment is like letting the tail wag the dog.

11. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Dimmer switches are quite inefficient at saving electricity so you'd be better off swapping them for lower wattage bulbs :p

12. benchmark

benchmark Well-Known Member

My battery lasts roughly 1

13. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

yep battery life is very imp too. but at the xpense of not using the desire at all, its really worthless

14. Baz8755

Baz8755 Well-Known Member

Mine lasts several weeks....If I turn the phone off

But seriously, my phone would quite happily last 5-10 days on standby and will quite happily make a 45 minute call on 10% battery. This compares reasonably well with my old dumb phone.

The point is that it is not a dumb phone, and I like to use it to surf the web, check email, use apps, etc. Doing this means it will last 1.5 - 2 days between charges (using phone for 2-3 hours a day).

This lovely bit of gadg is more like a laptop than a phone and you don't hear anyone moaning about 6 hour battery life on their laptop.

Simple solution is charge every night and enjoy your Droid:D

15. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

I would get one of these, never need anything else and cheaper than a new battery!

Really practical too!! :D

[​IMG]

16. carbonara

carbonara Well-Known Member

This post just highlights the fact that there's nothing wrong with the battery life at all. Use it like an old dumbphone and it'll last as long as one. Use the extra features and the battery runs down quicker. It will on an iphone too along with every other smartphone. it's normal, nothing "wrong" with it at all.

It's the state of battery technology that's the issue and is an issue across all mobile computing devices. Not just the Desire.