• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery life after ics update?

redraptor

Android Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2010
Much too far from the waves
Hey guys

OK so I'm looking to get a galaxy note within the next week or so on a concession line through job. And just out of curiosity, how is the update post ics? I heard some great things before the update and mixed feelings after. The other reason I ask is because of the update to the epic 4g touch, which I have heard horrible things about. Well regardless, its more than likely a step up from my standard RAZR :)

Thanks guys!!

I also don't experience any real problems with the Note. Yes, there are a few minor bugs/issues, but that's expected with anything.

If you want the best experience, I suggest doing a clean install of ICS. As it's a new device you're getting, that should be very easy. Hard wipe to factory defaults, update to ICS and hard wipe to factory defaults again. Then restore only data files (do NOT restore system files) and redownload your apps (do NOT restore them). This should minimize issues with the ICS update. I think people are forgetting that the OS is going from 2.3.x to 4.0.x. That is a major revision update for an OS and really shouldn't update/install over an existing OS without preparing the device first.

Upvote 0
ICS sucks battery like a vampire sucks blood...
I always got 6-8 hours and if I was lucky, I would get 10 just because I didn't use it as much...
Ever since my upgrade to JB, my battery life has doubled...18 hours off of one charge
with this I do the following:

Bluetooth - always on
WiFi - always on
GPS - always on
Facebook/Twitter/Emails - update every hour or so
Voice - about 2 hours total
Web - about an hour
Gaming - about an hour

not sure if this is considered heavy or medium usage, but i am sure glad that I made the jump to JB

I really hated the stock ICS from Bell, it had just too much GB in it.
Most of the ICS roms by now are very stable, but not sure about the battery life.

Upvote 0
Never had it before the update. If it was worse than what it is now I would faint. It's not amazing now but I expected it. I get by, by using Tasker to the best of my abilities, and..... carrying a charger. I don't think ICS update was the right decision, but if it enhanced battery life for most then I guess I'd be wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones