• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life After Recent Software Update

smk5867

Lurker
Feb 6, 2010
Has anyone else noticed any significant decrease in battery life since applied the recent VZW software update? I've been pretty impressed with my Fascinate's battery life pre-update, but since applying the update 2 days ago I see a significant decrease in battery life. Just wondering if I am alone. Aside from the update, I have not changed anything else about my phone (no new widgets, no new running programs, never rooted).

Thanks!

I feel the same way but, I am not sure if it's because of other stuff I did.
For one, ESPN widget was draining battery like no other.

My usage and settings, both pre-update and post-update, are exactly the same. The only thing that has changed is the update. That's what is making me question whether there was something in the update that is making the phone consume more power.

Upvote 0
My usage and settings, both pre-update and post-update, are exactly the same. The only thing that has changed is the update. That's what is making me question whether there was something in the update that is making the phone consume more power.
Don't quote me on this, but there is a "rumor" that Verizon/Samsung pulled the update because of some problems. I have no idea whether that is true or not but it's a possibility.

Upvote 0
Don't quote me on this, but there is a "rumor" that Verizon/Samsung pulled the update because of some problems. I have no idea whether that is true or not but it's a possibility.

Certainly won't hold you to it, but if it's true then I suppose it theoretically justifies my observations. I'll poke around online a bit and see if I can find any further information on this. Much thanks!

Upvote 0
I cannot tell. Yesterday I did have shorter life/less at the end of the day than normal but that was due in part to excessive usage [I to renew drivers license and spent on hour + at DVM so I was full time on my device an extra hour than normal] so its probably about the same. I will monitor today and report back

Upvote 0
I don't believe that I have seen a difference either. It is pretty hard to have identical usage on any given day because so many things affect it. If you happen to be in areas where you get worse coverage more on one day versus the next, your battery will drain faster even if everything else is identical which is pretty much impossible.

If there is any change, it is certainly insignificant (at least for me, and apparently others).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones