• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root battery life after root

You may need to calibrate your battery.
1. charge your battery all the way up and when it is green, wait another half hour.
2. shut your phone off, go to recovery, select wipe, then select wipe battery stats
3. run your phone till it dies, then try to power it on again, if you can't good
4. leave your phone off, plug it in and let it charge till it is fully green + a half hour, unplug it(still off) and then plug it back in. if your led goes green within 10sec then you are good to go.
5. power on and enjoy

Upvote 0
If you flashed Kaos Froyo V38, you likely will need to either flash a different ROM, or flash an alternate Linux kernel package - KF V38 has a known battery drain problem.

See the Kaos Froyo FAQ, first entry: https://github.com/punk-kaos/KaosFroyo/wiki/kaosfroyo-faq

See this for the kernel: Android ROM Site

To flash the kernel, copy the .zip file to your SD Card, just as you did for KF, boot into Recovery, wipe Dalvik cache (do NOT wipe data/factory reset), then flash that .zip file from the Recovery main menu.

Upvote 0
I'd bet that either google contacts or facebook contacts are trying to sync and not completing. Take a look at menu > settings > about phone > battery use to see what it tells you about what's been running down the battery.
If you are actually killing EVERYTHING with the app killer then that's a problem too because you could be killing things that are being restarted so that the phone can work. Try going a few days without even LOOKING at the app killer to see what happens (I don't have one installed on my phone and I get an easy 16 hours out of my phone).

Upvote 0
So the eris is good for about a day? I have my wifes set to sync weather email and social at the longest periods, google and latitude have no settings. 25% screen brightness. Zanfur 710/245. Ozone 1500ah battery. The dx still outlasts it. Are there any software bugs im missing like the sms one? Awake time is about 20%. I'll try the battery cal.

Upvote 0
So the eris is good for about a day? I have my wifes set to sync weather email and social at the longest periods, google and latitude have no settings. 25% screen brightness. Zanfur 710/245. Ozone 1500ah battery. The dx still outlasts it.

Nope, that's about right. I have the 1750 battery; I get about 24-30 hours on a charge, sometimes more. I live where there is a poor signal and use WiFi for network data most of the time, and I do find that when I visit areas with excellent signal that the phone lasts longer - but that would be maybe 28-34 hours in that case. I just recharge every night - part of my everyday practice.

Upvote 0
I usually plug my phone in at work, and have no problem lasting through the day. I you never use your phone it should last well over 24 hours. The problem is, that's hard to do. I think that most ROMs are pretty good at managing battery life, but they wont help you if your using your phone a lot. The processor and screen just use a lot of battery.

Upvote 0
You may need to calibrate your battery.
1. charge your battery all the way up and when it is green, wait another half hour.
2. shut your phone off, go to recovery, select wipe, then select wipe battery stats
3. run your phone till it dies, then try to power it on again, if you can't good
4. leave your phone off, plug it in and let it charge till it is fully green + a half hour, unplug it(still off) and then plug it back in. if your led goes green within 10sec then you are good to go.
5. power on and enjoy

I have done this and see a difference. I have also deleted my app killer and haven't used it in 2 weeks. Battery life is good... Not great because whats the use in having a rooted phone and not using it, but a huge improvement!!!

Upvote 0
I have done this and see a difference. I have also deleted my app killer and haven't used it in 2 weeks. Battery life is good... Not great because whats the use in having a rooted phone and not using it, but a huge improvement!!!

Glad to hear that this helped you out, if I can find the link I will post it here. It gives lots of info to help your battery life. You may find the solution to what is stopping you from getting at least 20 hours with lots of usage.

Reactions: Bootlejr88
Upvote 0
Glad to hear that this helped you out, if I can find the link I will post it here. It gives lots of info to help your battery life. You may find the solution to what is stopping you from getting at least 20 hours with lots of usage.

That link would be great!
I am just waiting for my battery to drain right now so I can do the batter wipe and reset.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure where the difference is, but I go two days on a charge with my 1750 battery on a regular basis these days. About 1 hour a day on calls, texts and light usage otherwise. I'm using Nonsensikal 13.2 vanilla, recently recalibrated the battery, and juicedefender gives me like 65 hours on a fresh charge (I try to put it on the charger at around 40%). Battery life on the newer crop of froyo roms is pretty stellar.

Reactions: Lars
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones