• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life and battery management

I hate not being able to do screenshots without all that adb ish.

Anyway right now i've been off the charger for 6h 14m 57s and my battery is at 90%. Now ill be the first to say that I havent used the phone a whole lot being that im at work. About a 10 minute phone calls, 10-15 texts on the GV app, 4 regular texts. Using the juice plotter thing on custom with gmail, issimo, gtalk, facebook and weatherbug plus being able to sync with the screen off.

Even though I havent used it much there is NO way my Evo 4G would've still had anywhere near this much battery left even using one of the SBC kernels. If this thing ever gets S-Off with AOSP roms the battery is going to be crazy. I have no doubt that at the rate im going i'd make it a whole day easily. And its crazy because i'm never the one to make the outrageous battery claims.

So following up.. since I finally rooted the phone here's a screencap of my battery life so far today. Almost 5 hours and im still on 100%.
2mr5x09.jpg

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
seidioonline.com

Second picture from the right. Makes the Evo look like a jet ski...or pregnant. I'm not sure which.

Another half inch further out and it'll have that missing kickstand we were all complaining about.

Still, I'd have no problem buying that extended battery if there was a case for it. I'm just concerned about the cover surrounding the camera lenses, and whether or not it'll affect the lighting with shadows, or make the images slightly dimmer.

Upvote 0
That's always good news to know... Now if they made a hard case for it, I'll be set. I'm not digging leather or silicone cases, so something specific to this extended battery would be ideal.
They are making one to go on top of the extended battery, plus you can buy a rubberesque part to go on top of that that comes with another hard skeleton type part that goes on top of that and then you can put this whole giant thing into a belt clip type thing that they sell. They don't mess around, I had the whole thing for the 4G.

Upvote 0
They are making one to go on top of the extended battery, plus you can buy a rubberesque part to go on top of that that comes with another hard skeleton type part that goes on top of that and then you can put this whole giant thing into a belt clip type thing that they sell. They don't mess around, I had the whole thing for the 4G.

I'd rather do without the belt clip, but I would love a kickstand to come built in to the skeleton case surrounding it.

Upvote 0
Shipping for Seidio EVO 3D Innocell 4000mAh Extended Life Batteries began today.
Got mine this afternoon! Haven't put it in yet cause you'd supposed to charge for like 8 hours first, so I'll put it in and plug it in when I get off work tonight. :)

Also FYI I've noticed I'm not really getting the quick 10% dropoff that we got on the 4G. It's kinda nice imo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones