battery life and roms

Last Updated:

1. wvdroidman

wvdroidman Member This Topic's Starter

I have two questions:

1: where can I find a extended life battery at for under $50? I like listening to radio stations through apps like iheartradio and it just kills my battery.
    Do I need an extended life battery to fix this or is there another way?

2: Is there a battery problem with ss 4.4? I noticed after 1/2 hour of use it goes from 100% to 90% then after two hours of texting and email it goes down to 70%.

thank you

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

I dont know if this is true or not but I believe it to be so ..... I think when the Droid hits a full charge on the charger it stops chargeing and then runs off the battery for the rest of the night, even though it is still plugged in. My day lasts about 3 hours longer now that I .... take it off the charger when I get up in the morning and head for coffee :) then before I get in the shower I plug it back in the charger. This way it is fully charged when I leave for work.

also kernels have the biggest effect on battery life and clock speed .... I have settled on jdflg 1.2 and I run at 700mhz when streaming.

try several out and play around and you will find a good set up

3. Timaphillips

Timaphillips Well-Known Member

I don't think this is true. Once it hits full charge, it simply stays there until you take it off the charger.

I've settled on jdflg's 800 mhz. Make sure you charging profile in SetCPU is set to 500. It might not charge properly if it's set to run OC'd all the time.

4. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

but the white light goes off and dont come back on .... ?

5. wvdroidman

it was doing this before i rooted and installed ss4.4 but now it dies even faster. Is there a way to keep it from dieing so fast or a cheap extended life battery?

6. kidon

kidon Well-Known Member

I'm running BB V0.4 with chevyno1 7 slot lowv-1.1Ghz and my batt life is great.. I'm only charging about every 36 hours or so...

7. dallows

dallows Member

The light goes out because it's done charging. But these devices had a mechanism in place that prevents over-charging. That's why you can just leave it on the charger all night and not have to worry.

8. wvdroidman

Ok how can i improve battery life?

9. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

On top of what Dallows said, the phone runs on the external power after the battery is fully charged to keep it from discharging as it would if it was unplugged.

10. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

Yes I agree .... but does it use the battery to run from there or the power outlet.
    I believe it to be the battery and thats why I posted what I did earlier