• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root battery life and roms

wvdroidman

Lurker
Apr 12, 2010
I have two questions:

1: where can I find a extended life battery at for under $50? I like listening to radio stations through apps like iheartradio and it just kills my battery.
Do I need an extended life battery to fix this or is there another way?

2: Is there a battery problem with ss 4.4? I noticed after 1/2 hour of use it goes from 100% to 90% then after two hours of texting and email it goes down to 70%.

thank you

I dont know if this is true or not but I believe it to be so ..... I think when the Droid hits a full charge on the charger it stops chargeing and then runs off the battery for the rest of the night, even though it is still plugged in. My day lasts about 3 hours longer now that I .... take it off the charger when I get up in the morning and head for coffee :) then before I get in the shower I plug it back in the charger. This way it is fully charged when I leave for work.

also kernels have the biggest effect on battery life and clock speed .... I have settled on jdflg 1.2 and I run at 700mhz when streaming.

try several out and play around and you will find a good set up

Upvote 0
I dont know if this is true or not but I believe it to be so ..... I think when the Droid hits a full charge on the charger it stops chargeing and then runs off the battery for the rest of the night, even though it is still plugged in. My day lasts about 3 hours longer now that I .... take it off the charger when I get up in the morning and head for coffee :) then before I get in the shower I plug it back in the charger. This way it is fully charged when I leave for work.

also kernels have the biggest effect on battery life and clock speed .... I have settled on jdflg 1.2 and I run at 700mhz when streaming.

try several out and play around and you will find a good set up

I don't think this is true. Once it hits full charge, it simply stays there until you take it off the charger.

I've settled on jdflg's 800 mhz. Make sure you charging profile in SetCPU is set to 500. It might not charge properly if it's set to run OC'd all the time.

Upvote 0
The light goes out because it's done charging. But these devices had a mechanism in place that prevents over-charging. That's why you can just leave it on the charger all night and not have to worry.

Yes I agree .... but does it use the battery to run from there or the power outlet.
I believe it to be the battery and thats why I posted what I did earlier

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones