Battery life & applications

Last Updated:

1. Jinnai

Jinnai Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Droid for a week now, running BB 0.7.5, and I'm looking for a decent battery life app (besides the default one). I've seen one that shows a percentage up in the bar at the top instead of a graphic battery, but can't remember what it was.

On a side note, I'm using Advanced Task Killer, and check it periodically. I've noticed that apps I never access (ever, like Corporate Calendar, Alarm Clock, etc) are active. What's driving this, and is there a way to change it?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

There is massive debate on whether a task killer app is necessary or not. I don't roll with one and I'm fine. I just use the built-in stop running services thing if i get a bad app that i can't otherwise shut down. I let Android handle what to close and when for memory management.

For battery life, I personally use Battery Left. It gives you your device's actual battery left percent, as well as an estimate of the percent left and an estimate of how much longer the battery should last. It is a widget and also has a taskbar icon. It also exposes some battery statistics screen otherwise not accessible through the device settings.

I'll let someone else touch the bit about the services starting up. I'll probably use the wrong terminology or something and get flamed. Since you are rooted, you can get rid of some of those apps that you don't use that have process that auto-start up for you.