• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life cut in half, after update to 2.2

gme109

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
I had the same issue the first time I updated my phone to 2.2, and had to exchange it out for a refurb with 2.1. Now here I am again, with 2.2 and lousy battery life. I even turned off the Sprint ID in running services, and my battery is at 45% after 4 hrs. of being mostly in standby. Anyone else experiencing bad battery life after going to 2.2?

I had the same issue the first time I updated my phone to 2.2, and had to exchange it out for a refurb with 2.1. Now here I am again, with 2.2 and lousy battery life. I even turned off the Sprint ID in running services, and my battery is at 45% after 4 hrs. of being mostly in standby. Anyone else experiencing bad battery life after going to 2.2?

Yes, or at least it appears to be... The status bar one is showing much higher than my battery life widget is. I will try the "battery pull, holding down the power button for 15 seconds with it out" method again after I charge it fully. So, it may just be a reporting error on the widget, or I am hoping anyhow.

But one strange thing is when I go under Battery Use, it is only showing Display (97%) and Cell Standby (3%), with the TWS at 35%...nothing else is showing up... Even though I would normally see Swype, Messaging, Browser (or Internet now I suppose). I even played around with FPse for awhile, and that isn't showing up...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones