• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery life decreased since upgrade to 2.1

I found the tar file -- joeykrim-SDX-recovery213.tar -- and followed the directions to using the SW Upgrade tool, but when I get to Software Download, I get Cannot Open bin file! This is the upgrade tool I used when installing the Sprint standard 2.1 upgrade. It should work, right? There are no other files in the C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary folder.

Upvote 0
Alrite so I can say with much confidence that my battery life is back to where it was now after the root; I fully charge it @ 1am lasnite (this morn|whateva u wanna call it) & this morn when I woke up @ 8 it was still on 100%; since the upgrade regardless to what the charge was, if I left it off the charger over nite it was dead or on it's way once I awoke...

Upvote 0
I found the tar file -- joeykrim-SDX-recovery213.tar -- and followed the directions to using the SW Upgrade tool, but when I get to Software Download, I get Cannot Open bin file! This is the upgrade tool I used when installing the Sprint standard 2.1 upgrade. It should work, right? There are no other files in the C:\Program Files\Samsung Electronics\SWUpgrade\Models\Binary folder.
Where did you get the recovery213.tar file from. I tried searching @SDX and could only find a file called -- SPH-M900_MR2_DE03_REL_1-joeykrim-recovery-2.1.3. Is this it?

Upvote 0
I saw increased battery life with and without root! I would try Joey's custom kernal but I have Wifi tethering kernal now and not sure how that would effect my tethering.

your running the samsung Moment and can WIFI tether?>
i can only wired tether on my phone.
how did u do this??
im running sprint official + root

also battery related, after i flashed 2.1 official my battery life was HORRIBLE, with mild use my battery would be dead in 5 hours less
a week later with not changes to the software on the phone it just suddenly started working perfect. out of no ware i can go nearly 2 days on one charge. this exact same thing happened when i first got my phone with the original cl15

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones